Memorial Day

Today (and everyday) we remember, and thank the men and women who paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country.  

Whether on land, by sea or in the air, we honor all for your sacrifice, so that we may continue to enjoy our freedom.  Freedom is not free.  Let's not forget. 

• Like 17

In case I didn't say it clear enough, or often enough, or soon enough...

I am thankful to those who have served this fine Country.

The freedom to fly has been supported by those who serve...have served...or will serve.

My writing skills aren't the best, I hope you know how I feel...

Thanks again,

-a-

• Like 5

Watched a special Memorial Day Broadcast this morning that I had recorded last week while out of town. They did the 'Hymn to the Fallen' from Saving Private Ryan. It was updated with some different images than this one from a couple of years ago, but this one is still very good. I was moved to tears. (When it comes to patriotic things, I am often a big cry baby as I think of the sacrifices that have been and are being made.)

My grandfather, uncle, and dad all served in the Air Force. My daughter is at advanced training at Ft Lee right now. I believe the greatest gift we have been given is the freedom that we have to choose, and of all the countries in the history of the world, I believe this is the only one where there has been complete freedom. That freedom came at a tremendous price, and there are many that still willingly pay that price so we may continue to enjoy our freedom. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

• Like 4

A beautiful tribute, by MTC.  That movie and that song trigger wet eyes and emotions whenever I hear/see it.  I thought of our fallen often throughout the day on Memorial Day.  I reminded those I love and those to whom I came in contact of the real meaning of the solemn day.

• Like 2