That guy who bought that plane

I would like to officially donate my plane and screen name to this Forum.    I am that guy who bought that plane.  If anyone ever asks about buying a plane please refer them to my picture and story.   If I didn't have a sense of humor I'm pretty sure I could turn that plane into a submarine.   I would like to say thank you to all that answer me and help me trouble shoot the issues I am having.  I know that Mooney is a great plane and I know when I'm done the one I own will be a great plane but the journey SUCKS.  :)

• Like 1

Been there.  I have BEEN THERE.  Hang tough.  My journey was worth it, but I would have been out of plane business without my co-owner.  Glad you have a sense of humour.  That, a loving wife and an occasional Jack Daniels or a punching bag (to go with your depleting bank account) are nice to have items. :)

Took me a decade.

• Like 1

I can really understand your frustration we have been bringing ours back into shape for quite some time and the list of fixes has been long and costly. In the beginning there was much to do just to make it safe later things not quite as major eventually we will be able to do some upgrades. But our Mooney has proven itself to be a very reliable airplane. 

Youl get there.

I don't think there is an airplane out there that won't cause you financial grief at some time of ownership. I also think it doesn't matter what it is whether an airplane, boat, 4 wheeler, etc, that it will get you in the wallet.

I just took it in the shorts on our diesel truck getting a major bill and expecting to go camping this weekend and having the radiator give out within the first 10 miles of the trip. I've learned as I get older, that it is what it is. 

If it truly is your dream, keep chasing it!

David

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

Meh.  It's a mechanical device 50 years old.  Even when it is flyable you need to have a continuous maintenance plan.  Things break

My interpretation is: "Even when it is flyable you need to have a continuous bank account.  "Things break"