It's official I got it back in the air... BUT-

3 hours ago, M20Doc said:

If the 50-75 rise is at idle, it's still too rich.  Closer to 25 would be better, and lower idle speed makes for less float and shorter landings.

Clarence

Ok I can make that adjustment.  I said 6 to 7 turns I meant clicks.  and I pulled it lean at 800 rpms.  I'll check it again tomorrow.   Thanks

3 hours ago, M20Doc said:

If the 50-75 rise is at idle, it's still too rich.  Closer to 25 would be better, and lower idle speed makes for less float and shorter landings.

Clarence

Suggestion... go back and reread all of the opinions in this thread regarding optimal rise. Many different opinions, you'll need to find where you are comfortable. Or where those that you trust are comfortable - the difference between 25 and 75 rpm on an analogue tach reminds me of the argument between accuracy and precision.

Enjoy the ride!

Just now, 211º said:

... the argument between accuracy and precision.

You mean all the people who insist that I measure parts with a micrometer, so they can mark it with chalk and cut it with an axe?

I'm fighting this at work now, trying to determine if parts that are 0.0001" outside spec tolerances (+0.0000, -0.0020") are acceptable or not. Oh, the dimension being measured is one that we have never been able to measure before, and we have made hundreds of millions of unmeasured parts that function very well ( because we can measure performance!).

It can get aggravating. Glad you seem to have your engine trouble figured out and corrected!

• Like 2

"measure parts with a micrometer, mark it with chalk and cut it with an axe?"

Hank, My Dad used to recite that one all the time as I grew up in his machine shop!!!:-)

How about "nothing but a deep scratch and a high polish"

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

What should the RPM rise be? I'd usually check the manufacture's engine book, the correct specs are always in there. 

12 hours ago, 211º said:

Suggestion... go back and reread all of the opinions in this thread regarding optimal rise. Many different opinions, you'll need to find where you are comfortable. Or where those that you trust are comfortable - the difference between 25 and 75 rpm on an analogue tach reminds me of the argument between accuracy and precision.

Enjoy the ride!

Precision SIL RS-67 allows for even a zero RPM rise, it keeps plugs cleaner. 

You can make it as lean as you wish, as long as the engine will accelerate smoothly with application of throttle.  As Byron points out a leaner mixture will minimize spark plug fouling.

Clarence