Motor mount shims

3 hours ago, RLCarter said:

Sort of.....these are Mooney #'s not Spruces, but Don can hook him up

I was hoping to place an order from just one vendor.  I was getting the mounts from spruce hence my request for info,  I'll call Don.

1 hour ago, Drumstick said:

I was hoping to place an order from just one vendor.  I was getting the mounts from spruce hence my request for info,  I'll call Don.

I looked but couldn't find anything from Spruce, call Don, he might be able to tell you the # if Spruce carries them. It's my understanding that it is a large area washer, and you cut a slot for ease of installation, if you had all the dementions you might be able find the "AN" or "MS" number and get them that way

The thicker ones are supplied with every new Lord mount set, your shop may have a few spares.  The thin ones can be made with a hole saw and a piece of 1/16" 4130 sheet.

Clarence

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2017 at 7:05 AM, M20Doc said:

The thicker ones are supplied with every new Lord mount set, your shop may have a few spares.  The thin ones can be made with a hole saw and a piece of 1/16" 4130 sheet.

Clarence

Just FYI - my new lord mounts did not come with shims.

• 4 years later...
On 5/27/2017 at 3:48 PM, RLCarter said:

Don Maxwell article HERE

600364-001 is one-sixteenth

600364-003 is one-eighth 

Does anyone have this Don Maxwell article archived offline? It looks like he removed it from his site.

What is the diameter measurement of both of those shims? 600364-001 and 600364-003   Are there any other alternative part numbers? LASER gouges $100 each and that price adds up after you need 8 of them.

15 hours ago, Hudson W said:

Does anyone have this Don Maxwell article archived offline? It looks like he removed it from his site.

What is the diameter measurement of both of those shims? 600364-001 and 600364-003   Are there any other alternative part numbers? LASER gouges $100 each and that price adds up after you need 8 of them.

It's on the wayback machine.  The pics are missing, but if you're familiar with the mounts and shims they don't add that much.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190207032717/http://donmaxwell.com/aligning-your-engine-using-shims/

• Like 1

After almost 40 years of Mooney ownership, I have a whole box of those motor mount washers. I even have one that I’m pretty sure was modified by DMax himself. I have quite a few of his signatures in my logbooks before I bought it.

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Hudson W said:

Same diameter as standard Lord mount shim washers, I’d have to measure one to get the exact measurement.  As a general rule of thumb, the lift at the spinner is four times the washer thickness.

At $100 each I’d buy a holes saw and a piece of 4130 steel from Spruce if your maintainer doesn’t have some.

Clarence