POH Storage Suggestions

1 hour ago, Piloto said:

Went on Saturday afternoon and did a storage shelve area underneath the seat. Cut a 7 1/2" x 15" a piece of .025 aluminum and bend down 1/2" forward for rivets and bend up 2" the rear for a barrier (keeps the POH from sliding back out0. It work out really well. The storage height depends on how high you set the seat. For mid position there is plenty of space for the POH and small tool bag. Took me about and hour but is worth it.

José

Under seat storage.jpg

That looks like a great solution.

The early M20M's had a nice built-in spot for the POH with a hinge at the bottom. The POH fit in perfectly along with a small flashlight and I keep a couple pens and a pulse o2 meter in there as well.

IMG_7434.thumb.JPG.a5d16c99aff858eaa06a058d25ac3780.JPG

5 hours ago, Piloto said:

Went on Saturday afternoon and did a storage shelve area underneath the seat. Cut a 7 1/2" x 15" a piece of .025 aluminum and bend down 1/2" forward for rivets and bend up 2" the rear for a barrier (keeps the POH from sliding back out0. It work out really well. The storage height depends on how high you set the seat. For mid position there is plenty of space for the POH and small tool bag. Took me about and hour but is worth it.

José

Under seat storage.jpg

Wow! All of that is your POH? My Owners Manual is less than half the size of the G430 instruction booknow, maybe 1/3 of the bottom book in your stack. And there's no room to keep it under my seat . . . But I can slip a folded sectional under there, but can't fish it out in the air.

Your solution looks good, though. My stuff all lives in the right seat back pocket, where I can reach it at need. Don't think I could pull it out from a drawer under the seat.

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Wow! All of that is your POH? My Owners Manual is less than half the size of the G430 instruction booknow, maybe 1/3 of the bottom book in your stack. And there's no room to keep it under my seat . . . But I can slip a folded sectional under there, but can't fish it out in the air.

Your solution looks good, though. My stuff all lives in the right seat back pocket, where I can reach it at need. Don't think I could pull it out from a drawer under the seat.

The POH on later models (M20J and later) is a binder were FMS upgrades and new information can be easily added. I found no problem on retrieving the manual. You can add a short strap to it if you store it all the way back. The location is also good for life jackets or other amenities.

José 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marauder said:

For those of us who have upgraded electronics, it is amazing how many pages the POH supplements have. I recounted my page totals over the weekend. I have 1422 pages!

That's what happens when you transplant the panel from the space shuttle into your airplane . . . .  :P

• Like 2