Destin Area Hangars / Ssrvice

Don't plan on using Destin unless you are upgrading to a G5. (Gulfstream not Garmin).  Defuniak Springs or Milton are really the only two in the area.  You have to define reasonable as for hangar rates.  I use Defuniak, new T-hangar ($275+tax), usually the cheapest fuel in the area, on site maintenance and avionics shop (Monarch) The DOM worked at Destin when they had a MSC.  Milton has a couple of flight schools so the airspace is busier, they have more hangars.  There is a waiting list for their hangars.  Even longer for our sized T-hangars, but they will are more than happy to rent you a large hangar (at a premium) in order to get on the smaller size list.  Their fuel is usually very close to Defuniak's in price.  Depending on where you live one field might be more convenient than the other.  If you live in Destin proper, Defuniak will probably be closer, if you choose Navarre then Milton is the answer. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, M20F said:

I use Defuniak on occasion instead of KECP and have had good experiences there. 

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that the guys that work at the FBO are very friendly.  The fuel is self/assisted service.  If they are around they will come out, marshal, chock, ground and even pump the fuel after you swipe your card.  Or you can do it yourself.  If you need a rental car, you would need to use Enterprise they are based out of Crestview, but will deliver the car. 

Just now, bluehighwayflyer said:

Niceville is, well, nice

Yep, that's where I am at.

• Like 1