HSI replacement

So last week started with my King HSI going Tango Uniform on glide slope recognition. Local avionics guy came down, diagnosed, and said it needed replacing/rebuilding. Went online to check pricing for replacement, rebuild or replacement with something glassy. Was not looking good. Avionics guy calls me back and says he has a fresh O/H one he will swap out for me if I can wait for a few days while he finishes up a Citation he has in his shop. To make a long story short, he just called with the invoice for the labor and parts - less than $1 AMU! So a big shout out to Holder Aviation in Pell City at KPLR.

I want to nominate him for CB(V) membership. ("V" for vendor) I truly appreciate it when a vendor works with me, and from reading many other posts, there are several we discuss regularly who work with us to maintain our aluminum family members at reasonable cost. Thanks to all of them.

• Like 5