Mooney M20K posted on eBay

Wings of Hope, a charitable organization headquartered in Chesterfield, MO, is offering a Mooney M20K for sale on eBay. To bid on this aircraft, just check in at eBay and search for Mooney aircraft, surely you'll find ours. The posting starts May 25 at 7 p.m. PDT and terminates at the same time on Sunday, June 4. The starting bid is $1000 and there is no reserve.

The aircraft is located at Spirit of St. Louis airport (KSUS). Those interested in bidding are strongly encouraged to inspect the aircraft before placing a bid, but this is not required. We have provided plenty of photos on eBay in case you can't visit.

The aircraft has recently passed its annual inspection and is ready to fly. It is in very good condition, with some minor flaking of the clear coat on the wings the only obvious flaw. Check out this wonderful machine and spread the word!

Over 30AMU now...

No time on the engine since it's OH many years ago...

Wings,

Is there any detail regarding the recent history?

Looks like it may have been related to an estate sale.

I was unable to pick up the logs from that link...

You picked the right place for showing Mooneys for sale...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

• 2 weeks later...

Wings of Hope takes donations of airplanes, pickles the engine(s) and takes preservative measures on the rest of the airplane, and then hangs on to them for about 2 years before they prepare them for sale. One of the reasons for this is that there is a 2 year "statute of limitations", if you will, on charitable contribution amounts claimed on your income tax return. The person donating the airplane is going to have a charitable contribution amount on his/her income tax return based on an assessed value at the time of donation. But if Wings of Hope were to sell the airplane within 2 years of the donation for a lesser amount than the donor claimed, the donor would have to amend their return to the lesser amount.

Bottom line is that the airplanes coming from Wings of Hope have been appropriately cared for during their down time, and much effort goes into ensuring their airworthiness before they go up for sale. Its a charitable organization that probably can't afford a lawsuit. They are based at my home airport, KSUS Spirit of St Louis in Chesterfield MO, where they store the donated aircraft. I know two of their A&P/IAs, one an employee and one a volunteer, and both are meticulous. Tom Cargill, the gentleman who did the annual on the this particular Mooney, just completed an annual on my Alarus CH2000, and I'm very happy with his work.

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Rick

• Like 4