Quakertown PA Mooney BBQ - Saturday May 27

Brian at Quakertown is being nice enough to host us (even after having us before, so he knows what he's in for!) for a lunch fly-in bbq this coming Saturday May 27. Setting up around 11 and full swing by noon. Going on for the afternoon.

Weather is a little bit questionable but should more likely than not be ok. RSVP appreciated as always so we can gauge the interest and how much food to get. Feel free to bring friends, family, even invite some non-Mooney guys. Just let us know how many people to expect and bring your favorite sides, drinks, or whatnot. Sort of a pot-luck or bring cash kind of arrangement.

Sue might bring her 99 friends out with her. Alan Fox is going to play soccer mom and bring out the whole South Jersey gang in his Cessna 210. My wife and I are probably bringing some parrots out with us. It is a fun family friendly event that has sort of become a tradition.

-Mike

• Like 1

Mike I'm planning on giving it a try, are little dogs allowed.
Dan

They are, but bigger dogs taste better.

There is a BIG German Shepherd that is always there. Seems friendly, should ask Brian. I've seen your dog, might make for a tasty snack.
  • Like 1

The big German Shepard is Brian Nelson's dog, Buddy.  There may also be a black Lab named Wrangler, another Nelson family member. Both are extremely friendly and experienced airport dogs.

Edited by Skeyedancer

Just a quick weather update. We are expecting some isolated light rain showers but we are still a go. We recommend coming early at 11am cause the weather will progress down hill as the day goes on. At its worst, it is still forecast as VFR with light rain.

Try to bring food and not cash cause of the last minute preparation and lack of helpful ladies to keep us organized.

Hope your enjoying, I woke up feeling crappy, decided at last minute not to fly.

Did you get hit with the weather that was coming through the area? I was watching it on my way back to New Garden and it never made it to my airport.

cc1cc0b330e76b9868f9e2a27492172c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nope one little shower, I stayed home all day, boring. Gonna fly for an hour and change oil Monday, hope you all enjoyed Your panel looks awesome, you've been thrown out of the CB club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

3M Command.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I still want to know if it is actually possible to hear it through a headset over a working engine in flight!?

Interesting question young master @201er...

Or rephrased in a slightly warmer friendlier tone.... :)

How would one test a CO detector in flight with a headset on?

I have a different brand CO detector. It gives a warning or two while I'm still on the ground in the run-up area.  The engine isn't very loud at the time.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam