Baggage door emergency procedure - Bravo

This may seem obvious and i dont really want to take the door latch apart. I did not find this in the POH. Can I leave the baggage door locked and still perform a energy exit from within the airplane or do others always leave the baggage door unlocked while in flight

I once had my baggage door open in flight ( pilot closing error ) so i tend to leave mine locked now

I just wondered if it is possible to open the baggage door from inside if  it is locked.

Thoughts?

Peter

Edited by pkofman

Most likely, Yes.  The latest design allows to be opened even when the baggage door is locked.

But how does one know?

I don't lock mine.  I assume I might need help from somebody on the other side.  

The over-center feel while closing the latch is pretty strong.

Best regards,

-a-

Not sure if all Mooney baggage doors are equal, but on the M20J the door opens from the inside even while locked.  I just have a plastic cover over the handle, so I've tested it.  I'm guessing you're supposed to be able to CLOSE the door from the inside as well, but mine sticks and won't completely latch.

Mine will not open from the inside while locked. Tested this a few years ago by pealing away the interior and trying to move the linkage. Linkage is not normally visible behind the padding. For this reason I leave it unlocked during flight as an escape hatch I hope to never use.

47 minutes ago, lamont337 said:

Mine will not open from the inside while locked. Tested this a few years ago by pealing away the interior and trying to move the linkage. Linkage is not normally visible behind the padding. For this reason I leave it unlocked during flight as an escape hatch I hope to never use.

Thanks was this a Bravo?

The cover is held loosely with two screws..finger holds in the cover allow it to be ripped off in emergency which exposes a placarded lanyard or lever I recall ..moving this opens the baggage door...a procedure I'm not sure a panicked passenger could pull off..k