Brake fitting leak

Sven

We have an ever-so-slight leak on the right brake. We took them off and cleaned them up and put on new o-rings. My question is does anyone use a thread sealant like Loctite 545 on them? Or do they get installed with no thread sealant? Also, the Mooney Spare Parts Manual says the fitting I need is an AN823-4D which has an outside tube diameter of 1/4" The elbow I removed has an OD of 3/8. Am I measuring this wrong or should I suspect these are not the original brakes?

51728484910__88B13F4F-AC48-487F-AD5A-EA9306804053.JPG

Sealube or Loctite 569 sealant for the pipe threads.  The fitting looks correct, 1/8" NPT on one end, 7/16" NF thread on the other for a 1/4" OD hose fitting which normally takes a 9/16" wrench.

Clarence

2 hours ago, GEE-BEE said:

No sealant needed

We include all new fittings with the hoses kits for the brakes because of this reason, new hoses , new fitttings

Beech shown, we only sell Teflon assys

GB

8' wheel.JPG

No sealant required because that fitting uses an "O" ring and straight threads instead of tapered pipe threads.

Clarence