I wonder if I will get my 5 bucks back!

Today the DC Court of appeals has held that FAA registration of drones is unlawful and in violation of 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform act signed into law by Pres Obama.My opinion is that the court has ruled correctly and the FAA was simply caught up in the drone hysteria and decided to yield against perceived public pressure.I registered ,as required ,but now want my data deleted (and my 5 bucks back)I feel the FAA could use that data to institute and action against my Pilot licenses should I have an incident while flying my thermal imaging multicopters.IMG_2905.thumb.PNG.c221ecfe75866922124e387704e64335.PNG

The beginning of the widespread use of deregulation...

Use caution, this can be an edgy political topic.

The Banking industry is looking forward to it.

The oil drilling industry is looking forward to it.

The coal miners are looking forward to it.

The pipeline builders are looking forward to it.

The home builders are looking forward to the banks lending money to buyers again.

It is about lowering the costs of overhead related to things that were put in place by the last administration.

PP thoughts only. Not a financial guy...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

I was kidding about the 5 bucks...I am surprised to hear so many pilots here on MS actually support more regulation by the FAA.I guess it's the ultimate safety thing ,the 2 lb Dji Phantom multicopter taking out the airliner  scenariohas so been exploited by the media...next we will need to register helium filled Mylar party balloons sold at the local super market ,most of which get released when people get tired of them.I guess I resent having to register every rc model and helicopter I fly because of national hysteria now calling them "drones"

I had a drone off my right wing (probably about 25 feet) at 2300 MSL outside of chapel hill NC (college town).  I did not see it until it was passing my wing and it was going fast the opposite direction.  Approach asked me if it was too close for comfort and told him absolutely.  

Its just a matter of time....