Texas Mooney Fly in Redux May 27th?

MBDiagMan

I put this in pre J model forum by mistake.

This past Saturday was weathered out.  Don Muncy is looking for at least five Mooniacs to commit to trying to be at Redbird airport Dallas.  We would love to have you come join us Saturday.  Don is a great host.  The food is good and the people are great!  All this and Mooneys too!

let us know if you can make it.

• Like 2

OK guys! We have 5 semi committed. I will be at RBD (Dallas Executive) by about 11:00 and we will plan on eating at about noon at the field restaurant (Delta Charlie's). I will notify the restaurant to expect us, and will check with Ambassador Aviation about extending the $.25 gas discount.

Come one, come all.

The weather is not looking good for the home team.  It looks like marginal VFR at Redbird, but low IFR at my home field tomorrow morning.  It might change, but I don't think it is likely.

Don is a gracious host, but apparently not good at ordering up good flying weather. :)

Seriously though, unless there is one of those forecast destroying weather changes between now and tomorrow morning, it appears that Sandy and I will be staying on the ground.  I am looking forward to trying this again even if it is a few last minute flyers one Saturday or just Sandy and I flying in for lunch with Don and and his better half who grew up in my hometown area.

Being a native Texan I have heard the phrase "if you don't like Texas weather today, just wait until tomorrow, it will change," all my life.

Let's all keep posting events and get togethers so we can try meeting up from time to time.  Of course, if it's somewhere besides Redbird Don will have to roll that beautiful plane out of his hangar, but something tells me he won't mind. :)  

The weather is marginal VFR at RBD right now, so it appears today is a bust. We are down to virtually none. I will go out to the airport in case someone wants to show up, but unless you want to eat lunch with just me, you may want to consider another time. But I'll be glad to eat with whoever shows.

Don

Unfortunately, no photos.

Me and spouse Norma

Andrew Stagg (M20G - based at RBD) and Cherokee pilot friend Jeff

Chris Thompson (Ovation based at RBD)

Carl Schuneman (2eskies - M20F - based at Aero Country)