10.2 Avidyne upgrade help.

Than your 440 screen will look like this:
IMG_2920.thumb.PNG.0c2a09a3eab74c0f608d33997ed22e00.PNG

Lol, and that's exactly what I'm going for. I should have planned better and we could of done the update tomorrow in Sunriver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The small black plug with the cover on it looks very much like a BatteryMinder has been hard wired in there already.

BatteryMinders are like Concorde batteries...  you pay a little more, but it is worth it to have and use often...

The BatteryMinder has status lights on it and will give a hint if it isn't keeping up with the charge.

The 12V Concorde version is much less costly than the 24V version.  And can be used for the car that sits in the garage a lot...

Best regards,

-a-

On 5/22/2017 at 2:26 PM, LANCECASPER said:

You should erase the files starting with "BK".

Here are the four things you need on the USB drive:

• 500-00205-000 GoldMaster.dsf Rev 04 - Database and Configuration Update Utility

• 500-00207-000 CONFORMITY CHECKER.dsf Rev 9 - Conformity Check Utility

• 500-00228-000 RUNONCE Rev 00 - Automatic load command script.

• 500-00206-000 FULL UPDATE.dsf Rev 10 - Code load utility.

If you haven't done so, print this and follow it step by step:

601-00182-034.pdf

Before he erases them from this drive,transfer those files for later update

• 2 months later...

So I did my 10.2 update when we did the adsb install this last Wednesday. The install and program would have been done Friday if we could have called Avidyne's tech support but they were closed before we ran into the finishing problem. It was a non issue after we talked to them. The 10.2 update was also a non issue. A week before we started I did a dry run with nothing running in the plane but the IFD440 for 90 minutes. I had my battery minder hooked up with the battery charger on standby to be plugged into the three pin connector. The battery minder didn't have any issues holding a full charge on the battery during the test. So I felt confident we wouldn't have an during it. I know it is sound advise to have shore power hooked to the plane and not take a chance to brick the unit. I am not suggesting you ignore Avidyne's instructions or others choices to be as safe as possible but it is possible to run only the ifd440 unit for more than 90 minutes keeping the battery fully charged with just a battery minder. Thanks again for everyone's help. It was a huge weight lifted when I was able to pull out the USB drive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk