Avionics shop South Carolina

INA201

Not sure what brands you are shopping but Flight 1 avionics is in Statesville NC (KSVH less than 100nm form KSPA), Dealers for Avidyne, Aspen, L-3/Lynx.  They just finished off my ADS-B with the Lynx NGT-9000 and I think they did an outstanding job.

Ron

Tail Wind Avionics part of Tail Wind Aviation is a new shop in Beaufort.  Stephen has experience in a major shop before opening Tail Wind.  I have used them for ifr recerts and other work.  They have done major upgrades on other's airplane and they seem happy.  I used Spark Chasers for years and like Mark and Billy but I try to support local.  Give Kevin a call at 252.515.4081.  Stephen is off this week.

Eddie 

• 1 year later...

You guys still like Twin  Lakes Avionics?  Looks like there are two votes for Twin Lakes.  I am not going back to my previous shop for work ever again.  It was not any shop I have seen mentioned on this forum just FYI.   I just need to get some glitchy things worked out that I think are connection issues, and add a second g5.  I am concerned with timeliness, professionalism, and quality more so than the cheapest price.  Thank gang!

21 minutes ago, INA201 said:

You guys still like Twin  Lakes Avionics?  Looks like there are two votes for Twin Lakes.  I am not going back to my previous shop for work ever again.  It was not any shop I have seen mentioned on this forum just FYI.   I just need to get some glitchy things worked out that I think are connection issues, and add a second g5.  I am concerned with timeliness, professionalism, and quality more so than the cheapest price.  Thank gang!

I've been a fan of Twin Lakes for the 7 years I've had this Mooney. Probably not the cheapest and they're out into about November for major installs... but what they do is done right. OTOH the runway at 8A7 continues to deteriorate which is sad. 

• Like 1

Anyone have pireps for Seahaweek in ILM?  George the avionics guru at SUT sold his business to them but there are a bunch of greenhorn techs doing the installs with George as an advisor of sorts.  Meanwhile Brunswick air at SUT opened an avionics shop and is now a Garmin dealer.