Interior Shop in the North Texas Area

MBDiagMan

My new to me C is a top notch plane in all categories except one, the interior.  It is not badly torn or anything, but just looks REALLY long in the tooth.  After seeing really nice seats in a few J models today that were reupholstered for a reasonable price, we are motivated to get the interior done.  It needs to go beyond the upholstery though.  In addition to seats, carpet and panels, it needs the interior paint redone.

Does anyone know of a good shop in my general area where they could do this turnkey and not tie up the plane for too long?

Thanks in advance for sharing not only the requested resource, but your experience and comments regarding the cost and feasibility of such a job.

There is a Mooney leather shop in Texas that is pretty well known.

Hector(?) is the guy.  His shop is named.... somebody with more working memory is going to have to fill in the details....

fixing and repaining plastic panels has been done a lot around here searching for the details of some experience should be easy to find. Fiberglass on the back side is part of the process.  There are some glues that are best for the abs plastic.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

AeroPlus Interiors in Houston did some recent work for me and the results were very good, they are at Houston Southwest KAXH. Pricing was a tad cheaper than AeroComfort and they got the work done in a more reasonable time frame. Happy to send you a few pictures if what they have on website isn't enough. They did crew seats, yoke wraps, glare shield and a few other areas around cockpit windows.

Edited by Zwaustin

Yes ZW, I would enjoy seeing pictures.

I need more than just the upholstery replaced.  I need the interior paint that shows to be dealt with and a general detailing.

These prices are higher than I expected.  One of the attendees at our get together Saturday was showing us his beautiful seats in his 201.  If I understood him correctly they cost $200 each to reupholster.  That said, if $10K will make the interior stand tall, the rest of my plane makes it worth the cost.  The plane looks fabulous until you get to the interior.  It really brings the otherwise outstanding plane down.

Mena aircraft interiors in Mena AR, may be a viable alternative. (They did mine 10+ years ago. See my gallery) You might give them a call. Not to take away from Hector. He does high quality work and is nice to work with.

2 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

Yes ZW, I would enjoy seeing pictures.

I need more than just the upholstery replaced.  I need the interior paint that shows to be dealt with and a general detailing.

These prices are higher than I expected.  One of the attendees at our get together Saturday was showing us his beautiful seats in his 201.  If I understood him correctly they cost $200 each to reupholster.  That said, if $10K will make the interior stand tall, the rest of my plane makes it worth the cost.  The plane looks fabulous until you get to the interior.  It really brings the otherwise outstanding plane down.

I will get you some examples of AeroPlus work in my new plane later this week. Isn't cheap but was a tad more cost effective than AeroComfort and they got it done quicker for me. I am as detail oriented as they get and really like the quality of the work they did for me, the service provided and the quick turn around on the job. I did bid some Mooney work and Cessna 421c work recently with Hector and Juan over at Aerocomfort and they are knowledgeable and very responsive but in the end i went with http://www.aeroplusinteriorsinc.com for various reasons and highly recommend them. Not in North Texas but worth the short hop down there. Talk to Lorena Hernandez. 

Edited by Zwaustin

Here are some pics of the recent work done to my current plane by Aeroplus in Houston.... just did crew seats, arm rests, yoke wraps (did not want new gold logo inserts or stitched logo so used old silver decal), glare shield and some trim around windows. All material is Moore and Giles leather except the window trim is covered in ultra leather. Took 4 days total and very happy with the quality. 

IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mark89114 said:

I hate when you guys post all of this nice interior stuff, and avionics and exterior paint.......Makes my 17 y.o. original stuff look dated.

Your interior is only 17 years old?  

The 3rd interior on my Mooney is now 22 years old.

14 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

Your interior is only 17 years old?  

The 3rd interior on my Mooney is now 22 years old.

I think what is even worse is his entire plane is only 17 years old....

The only things on my plane less than 17 years old are tires, alternator, starter, ads-b out transponder and vacuum pump.

• Like 1