Confused about Cowl Fastener

Wow, community surely is stronger than commerce...

Never had support responses as fast as forum responses, thanks!

Ok, will do. I'll find the one I like best and 'feels' best when installing and use it as the standard.

Thanks

Just curious though, is there a mfg spec that could be followed? Or do the parts wear down enough that the original design concept gets tossed out the window worn out and thus becomes obsolete over time?

Edited by AF M20J

I pulled my files and looking at the invoice I started off with 12 of the SK27S3-4S, 2 of the SK27S3-5S, and 2 of the SK27S3-6S plus 14 of the 2600-SW retainers. I'm not sure exactly which ones I ended up using. I ordered 14 NAS1515-H-4L nylon washers but only used them where the holes were overly worn as they'll hang up sometimes when removing the cowl.

I also ordered 15 of the SK40S5-5S, 15 SK-GS grommets, and 15 SK-R4GS retainers. I had previously replaced the 2 lower retainers (by the nose gear) using the bigger flange-type grommets.

P.S. Chaffe tape thickness can affect lengths too and I now see I later ordered a few more longer fasteners to work it all out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AF, Welcome aboard.

We have a few members from Australia.  No need to feel alone.

When it comes to camlocks wearing out...  they come in two flavors. The original one and the stainless variety, as do all the other variety of fasteners.

Once again, welcome aboard...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

@cnoe: Thank you very much for that excellent information!

@fantom : Thanks, but I think I'll have to pass, being too far away (shipping issues)

@carusoam : Thanks for the warm welcome and the bit of info. One small adjustment though, I'm in Austria, rather than the much larger, boisterous and further away Australia. (There are a lot of shirts here that have "no kangaroos in Austria" written on them due to the easy transcription error)

Edited by AF M20J
  • Like 1