The king of pilots

King of the Netherlands could be your pilot if you fly KLM!  How very cool. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4516050/Head-clouds-Dutch-king-guest-pilot-21-years.html?ito=social-facebook

Unfortunately, the closest I have come to flying a Dutch airline is InselAir.  --An interesting experience.  Just google "InselAir problems" or "InselAir safety".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

I know this guy who is a gossip.  He repeats other second hand stuff..... ;)

Anyone who has been in the military knows the conundrum of senior officers getting check rides.  They were probably great pilots in their day, but after years of flying a desk...not so sharp anymore, but they are going to make decisions about the future career of the pilots giving them the check rides.....

Can you imagine the poor instructor pilot giving a check ride the "The King"?

Maybe you aren't familiar with the scenario???

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mooneymite said:

I know a Dutch Air Force instructor pilot...he says the guy isn't a very good pilot and has been discouraged from transitioning to the 737...

But he is the king.

"off with your head, if I fail my check ride" is a strong motivation for a pass.

Clarence