MooneySpace Member Map

gsxrpilot

Nope. There are too many members who won't participate because of privacy concerns and so I only send the link to those who do participate. And I ask that the link not be shared or posted anywhere. I make my living in Data Privacy (www.integris.io) and don't see any problem with including a city in one's public profile. I'm not asking for an address, nor am I running any verification against FAA records or anything. And flying Mooneys, +/- 100 miles is probably close enough. For example, you list Santa Monica, CA as your location. If you were concerned about privacy, you could have listed Los Angeles, CA and been just fine. 
Anyway, I hope the map has encouraged some to come out and list their location. But for those who choose not to, that's fine as well. They just don't get the map.
If you're on the map and I've sent you the link. Please bookmark it so you can get to it easily. I won't ever change the link... unless someone posts it, then I have to start over.

Okay,
Please send me the link as I don’t believe I have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Nope. There are too many members who won't participate because of privacy concerns and so I only send the link to those who do participate. And I ask that the link not be shared or posted anywhere. I make my living in Data Privacy (www.integris.io) and don't see any problem with including a city in one's public profile. I'm not asking for an address, nor am I running any verification against FAA records or anything. And flying Mooneys, +/- 100 miles is probably close enough. For example, you list Santa Monica, CA as your location. If you were concerned about privacy, you could have listed Los Angeles, CA and been just fine. 

Anyway, I hope the map has encouraged some to come out and list their location. But for those who choose not to, that's fine as well. They just don't get the map.

If you're on the map and I've sent you the link. Please bookmark it so you can get to it easily. I won't ever change the link... unless someone posts it, then I have to start over.

Paul,

I appreciate your keeping the map going. I sympathize with your having to continually deal with it. I am not sure I agree with your thinking, but then again, I am not in the data privacy business.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2018 at 3:27 PM, xcrmckenna said:

I know how you feel, I’m still trying to figure out how to put this map on my Foreflight layers.

Here you go...

1923094616_ScreenShot2018-12-28at8_31_01PM.thumb.png.9a4c89ff98baf7b476f48bc2e90132bc.png

1249206055_ScreenShot2018-12-28at8_34_38PM.png.925238781fd1c506b07267a72faf76cd.png

Airdrop the resulting Members.KML file to your iPad

Choose Open With ForeFlight

Choose Open as Map Layer.

IMG_0251.thumb.jpg.dfee9d604e7680069e26f8ed58aac15b.jpg

• Like 3

Here you go...
1923094616_ScreenShot2018-12-28at8_31_01PM.thumb.png.9a4c89ff98baf7b476f48bc2e90132bc.png
1249206055_ScreenShot2018-12-28at8_34_38PM.png.925238781fd1c506b07267a72faf76cd.png
Airdrop the resulting Members.KML file to your iPad
Choose Open With ForeFlight
Choose Open as Map Layer.
IMG_0251.thumb.jpg.dfee9d604e7680069e26f8ed58aac15b.jpg

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot. I’ve watched foreflights video on it three times and still couldn’t get it.

6 hours ago, Monaldi said:

Please add me also.  Thank you sir, From Texas

I have to have a better location than "South Texas". You'll need to put either a City or Airport in your profile so it show up under your avatar. Then I can add you to the map and send the link.

• Like 1

I have to have a better location than "South Texas". You'll need to put either a City or Airport in your profile so it show up under your avatar. Then I can add you to the map and send the link.

Plz sign me up and send link. Thx,
Charlie

On 12/30/2018 at 9:58 AM, gsxrpilot said:

Yeah. A little more specificity would help with an area that large. :)

hehehe

• Like 1