MooneySpace Member Map

gsxrpilot

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Am I on the map?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nope. I need either a city or airport listed in your Location. Even though Delaware isn't as large as some cities, I can't just use a State as a location. :D

Nope. I need either a city or airport listed in your Location. Even though Delaware isn't as large as some cities, I can't just use a State as a location. 

You can use my airport location. N57. That is where I would be able to help someone in need. Landing in my Delaware backyard is a bit tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marauder said:

You can use my airport location. N57. That is where I would be able to help someone in need. Landing in my Delaware backyard is a bit tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That'll work, but it has to be in the Location field of your profile. I'd suggest something like... Location: Delaware - N57

• Like 1

@gsxrpilot  Paul, when searching for a location on the map, if there are more there are more than one MSers from the same city, only one shows up.  For example Austin, TX only shows Zwaustin.  Any way to fix that?  If you are looking up someone in particular, you can select that person from the member list and see where they are from.  Any way to fix that?

8 minutes ago, skydvrboy said:

@gsxrpilot  Paul, when searching for a location on the map, if there are more there are more than one MSers from the same city, only one shows up.  For example Austin, TX only shows Zwaustin.  Any way to fix that?  If you are looking up someone in particular, you can select that person from the member list and see where they are from.  Any way to fix that?

When I type a city in the search field, I get this drop down... it should list all the members with that city designation... is this not what you're seeing?

1861640587_ScreenShot2018-12-27at9_55_16AM.thumb.png.72325521bcb3c3d6ba8422273401459f.png

4 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

When I type a city in the search field, I get this drop down...

I was only looking at the pin over the city.  My screen looks a bit different and I didn't see the search feature since I had already clicked on the pin.  I'll use the search feature found in the map legend on the left.  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, skydvrboy said:

I was only looking at the pin over the city.  My screen looks a bit different and I didn't see the search feature since I had already clicked on the pin.  I'll use the search feature found in the map legend on the left.  Thanks!

I'll experiment with some other options as well. Maybe if I move each pin just a bit, it would help.

I'll experiment with some other options as well. Maybe if I move each pin just a bit, it would help.

Could you add a number with the pin showing there are multiple members at that airport. Then we would know to use the search option? Something like this.
8c33d6a04e817a89bb5b24c1904bd583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I must be doing something wrong - I usually feel like computers don’t like me.   The link gets me a google map but no information on it.   Any suggestions?

I know how you feel, I’m still trying to figure out how to put this map on my Foreflight layers.

Hi Jack,
Welcome aboard. The first step is to add your location, either city or airport, to your profile and avatar. Then I can add you to the map and send you the link.
Cheers,
Paul

Any chance you can post the link on the home page so it’s easily available to us?
Thanks so much.

7 minutes ago, MrRodgers said:

Any chance you can post the link on the home page so it’s easily available to us?
Thanks so much.

Nope. There are too many members who won't participate because of privacy concerns and so I only send the link to those who do participate. And I ask that the link not be shared or posted anywhere. I make my living in Data Privacy (www.integris.io) and don't see any problem with including a city in one's public profile. I'm not asking for an address, nor am I running any verification against FAA records or anything. And flying Mooneys, +/- 100 miles is probably close enough. For example, you list Santa Monica, CA as your location. If you were concerned about privacy, you could have listed Los Angeles, CA and been just fine. 

Anyway, I hope the map has encouraged some to come out and list their location. But for those who choose not to, that's fine as well. They just don't get the map.

If you're on the map and I've sent you the link. Please bookmark it so you can get to it easily. I won't ever change the link... unless someone posts it, then I have to start over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1