MooneySpace Member Map

gsxrpilot

Not sure how many folks are aware, but you can also import this file as a kml into your Foreflight app so that you can take it with you and look-up folks on the go.  It is then selectable as a layer just like radar, or cloud coverage, pireps, etc.  Kind of handy on the go if you wanna look someone up or see who may be around for lunch. 

Mooneyspace layer 1.jpg

Mooneyspace layer 2.jpg

21 hours ago, Oldguy said:

Have we thought about getting this pinned so it does not get lost?

The issue here is that I don't share, or want to share the map with everyone. I only share the map with members who are listed on the map. And the only members who are listed are those who fill the Location field in their profile. In other words, those who share their location. 

In my mind, if you don't want to share your location publicly, that's fine, but then you don't get to use the map that list the rest of us and our locations.

At least that's why it's not pinned anywhere.

• Like 3

On 10/11/2018 at 9:14 AM, Stephen said:

Hope you have a nice script that makes it easy.:ph34r:

Someday I'll teach myself to code and will write such a script. At the moment though, this is a very manual process.

I think I'm caught up. Everyone who requested, should have received a link via PM. If you didn't let me know.

13 minutes ago, Danb said:

Hey Paul I'm challenged how does one view the map..

Did I send you the link? Or do you still have the link I sent? I send them via PM.

Assuming you have the link, just click on the link in your browser and it will open up. You can also use the search box at the top of the map to search for a username or a city/airport. You can also just zoom in or out on the map.

1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

Someday I'll teach myself to code and will write such a script. At the moment though, this is a very manual process.

I think I'm caught up. Everyone who requested, should have received a link via PM. If you didn't let me know.

Then thanks even more Paul for doing ot all by hand. If you do want to start coding Python is great for just about anything and evrything one may want to get implemented quickly. Very plain english friendly as well. Udemy.com super cheap well structured courses.