MooneySpace Member Map

gsxrpilot

21 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

I enjoy this thread and map, getting to see the diversity of Mooney’s homes. Thought I would bump it for any new members wanting to add to the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that reminder...

Hi Paul,  Please add me (as KFUL) and send me the link.

-dan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Lets take it off line and discuss how we can make it happen. I can't speak in any official capacity for the Mooney Caravan, but I can certainly share how we went from no formation pilots to a thriving community here in Texas. And can possibly help you get there in Florida as well. I'll send you a PM.

Count me in that discussion! I'd love to help!

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if we have anyone in Hawaii? I was checking the map but it doesn't show anyone. We're going to be in Maui in Sept and would love to take a flight. If not there's places that I can rent a Cessna and take a local CFI up with us. 

Does anyone know if we have anyone in Hawaii? I was checking the map but it doesn't show anyone. We're going to be in Maui in Sept and would love to take a flight. If not there's places that I can rent a Cessna and take a local CFI up with us. 

If you take me they’ll be a Mooney spacer there.... just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skates97 said:

I thought Craig who created MooneySpace did so from Hawaii.  I may be wrong.  Now thinking about it, Craig, are you back in the lower 48 or did I dream all of this?

-Seth

6 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Maui aviators..after a checkout they will rent to you out of OGG.Beware...that place can be an absolute zoo with all the air carrier and helicopter traffic.I once spent 30 minutes idling waiting for a takeoff clearance and the tower guys are pretty intolerant of slightest infraction..I've flown with them twice ,about 10 years apart..and the last time was not a holiday experience.Cessna out of Kauai (210) much more fun.About an hour Maui to Hilo as I recall...edit:no Mooneys there just salt corroded 172s

Edited by thinwing

If you talk Jana out of her seat you could go to the big island in a couple of weeks

I don’t see her doing that for me:) Think about how much trouble we would get into though....

1 hour ago, thinwing said:

Maui aviators..after a checkout they will rent to you out of OGG.Beware...that place can be an absolute zoo with all the air carrier and helicopter traffic.I once spent 30 minutes idling waiting for a takeoff clearance and the tower guys are pretty intolerant of slightest infraction..I've flown with them twice ,about 10 years apart..and the last time was not a holiday experience.Cessna out of Kauai (210) much more fun.About an hour Maui to Hilo as I recall...edit:no Mooneys there just salt corroded 172s

With the traffic and not knowing anything about the winds or weather I am planning on just paying a CFI to go up with us. Takes care of a couple things, one I get to take an aerial tour and two, I can check that off the list of states I've landed a plane in. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

With the traffic and not knowing anything about the winds or weather I am planning on just paying a CFI to go up with us. Takes care of a couple things, one I get to take an aerial tour and two, I can check that off the list of states I've landed a plane in. 

It's a trip..especially mastering pronunciation on some those VFR reporting points with all those consonant sounds..."Maui tower,Cessna Nbeatup,abeam nakalakilakilaki point ,inbound with atis bravo."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skates97 said:

The most fun I had on Oahu was flying a sailplane. I told the pilot that I was one as well and once off the ground and before off tow, he handed me the controls and never touched them again the whole flight. 

• Like 2

@gsxrpilot is one of our Australian experts, in Asia this week...

@Tommy is currently in Australia...  we have a few MSers out that way...

Craig started MS while living in Hawaii... His all electric 201 might still be there...? As he moved up somewhere along the way...

Best regards,

-a-

Advice... Take a pic of the Mooney World out there and post it in the right place... :)  today’s flight thread...

• Like 2

Hi @Warren  When I lived in Melbourne, Australia, in the early 2000s, they made me apply for an Aussie license, which was "75 quid and a photocopy of yer log book, mate."

Their phraseology was quite different, more similar to nautical radio than what we do.   I suppose things have changed.   I still keep my Australian license in my flight bag, it is a book with my certs written in it.   Let us know how it goes!   I would be really interested to hear how/if things have changed.

They used standard units of kts, ft, kg, and litres.

I never went to Perth.  I flew my family around the outback for 27 days in a Cherokee 180 after getting about 12 hours of dual and then "soloing".

4 hours ago, Warren said:

Can you add me to the map too?

Also I am on my way to Perth Australia for 10 days and am thinking of flying while there. Does anyone have advice?

I know Royal Aero Club of WA uses J for their complex aircraft training so if you are keen to fly a Mooney in Australia, you might want to start there. Expect the usual pre-hire check for insurance purposes. Also you need this : http://www.royalaeroclubwa.com.au/content/page/short-term-licence-validation.html. They are based at Jandakot - the regional airport of Perth. 

You will find Australia pretty easy to fly around - low terrain, good weather, cheap landing fees, and plenty of Class G space - and a trip up north along the coast to Broome and Kimberley or inland to Ayers Rock will definitely give you plenty to smile about.

Have fun!

• Like 1

If you end up near Jandakot... there is a Mooney there... An M20E, on a stick!

Honoring a particular Mooney pilot... 

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Sugar_Bird_Memorial_plane_at_Jandakot_Airport.jpg

About Robin Miller... her life story was quite a short story...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Miller_(nurse)

Amazing Mooney facts that stick in one’s memory.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

If you end up near Jandakot... there is a Mooney there... An M20E, on a stick!

Honoring a particular Mooney pilot... 

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Sugar_Bird_Memorial_plane_at_Jandakot_Airport.jpg

About Robin Miller... her life story was quite a short story...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Miller_(nurse)

Amazing Mooney facts that stick in one’s memory.

Best regards,

-a-

The Sugar Bird Lady is legendary and so is the the organisation that both she and I work for: Royal Flying Doctor Service. Worth a visit to its base at Jandakot. 

• Like 1