MooneySpace Member Map

gsxrpilot

9 minutes ago, brad said:

List and link please.

Brad, First you'll need to add either an airport or city to your profile as the Location. That will get you on the map. Let me know when you've done that and I can send you the link.

Just now, gsxrpilot said:

Thanks guys. I've always been a bit of a geek for maps. I'm enjoying the project. 

When there are multiple pilots in the same city (Austin is a good example), you can only see the last guy.

Any chance you can script it to spread out the pins so we can visually see the multiple people in the same city?

Just now, smwash02 said:

When there are multiple pilots in the same city (Austin is a good example), you can only see the last guy.

Any chance you can script it to spread out the pins so we can visually see the multiple people in the same city?

If you use the search feature, and put in a city name, it will list all the members in the city.  I'm aware of the situation and have tried a couple of different solutions. This is what I have at the moment. :)

2 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

Paul,

You might have seen this already, but here is a previous DIY attempt at this same objective that ran from 2009 to 2013. Just FYI in case it can help you in any way. 

Jim

Hi Jim, I was not aware of this. But it's interesting. I just spent a few minutes looking at it and see some pretty serious security flaws with that Map that I'm trying to avoid with mine. I think it was because it was a self-service map. Everyone was expected to add themselves.

As I'm here on a business trip in Chile, and I'll be off to Kenya for the next couple of weeks, it's not all that easy to keep up with the requests to add members, but I do my best to keep up with it as I can. I've thought it would be much easier if I just had everyone add themselves. But in this age of internet bots and identity theft, I really want to keep the security of personal information as tight as possible and that means I have to control it myself. So I'll do it.

I hope everyone finds the map useful and I'll plan to maintain it as long as I can, and when I can't I'll hand it off to someone to continue. :)

• Like 4

If you use the search feature, and put in a city name, it will list all the members in the city.  I'm aware of the situation and have tried a couple of different solutions. This is what I have at the moment. 

Where is the search option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got to say, Paul, what an awesome effort you have put forth here!!  This will be a valuable resource for Mooney Owners as it fills in.  Thanks for taking the time to put this together and for the continued effort in constantly adding more members!

But then, of course, anyone with "Rocket" in their name has got to be COOL!

Tom

Yooper Rocketman

• Like 1