DIY hydraulic pressure bleeder (bottom up)

Hey guys, lots of topics on bleeding the old hand pump flap system. Things like: the air will work itself out over time (didn't work for me), or have a person push on the flaps by hand while somebody inside fiddles with the handle (sorta helped a bit). Well I had a leaky actuator and got the rebuild kit from lasar. Easy fix but then had to get the air out. Designed my own method of pumping from the bottom up. Piece of cake! Now flaps pump down w first touch of handle, full down in <5. Happy camper here. Refer to pictures. Just used clear tubing and hose clamps to clamp on to weed sprayer. Then got some old an fittings to make an extension line to make life easier (optional : Could just hose clamp the tube on to the T fitting). Only question mark was closing without reintroducing air. Just put flaps a pump or so down, have someone release them by hand ever so slowly to keep fluid coming out of valve while partner caps it off. Hope this helps someone!

IMG_20170516_162215.jpg

14951344130591675484795.jpg

Edited by BryanLight
  • Like 2

I made mine the same way.  Worked great for the brakes as well.  I found the flaps to be much easier to bleed than the brakes though.  I hung my hose out of the res back into a glass jar so I could pour it back in the pumper since i was going around and around.  If I wasnt so cheap I think 2 cans of hydraulic fluid in the pumper would work better than one.  much less chance of pumping air back in when it gets low.