SOLD GMA340 Audio Panel

I've decided to get rid of the last piece of Garmin equipment in my airplane. I'm replacing it with the Avidyne audio panel as everything else I have is Avidyne.  Works perfectly, I just want an all Avidyne setup. $750 including shipping. [I'll get better photos at the airport tomorrow but this was from about six months ago.]

IMG_6121.jpg

1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

You should just trade it in through Avionic Source for a PMA450a. They are amazing audio panels, and are plug and play with your GMA340. So no installation cost at all.

Thanks but I want Avidyne. Their audio panel is plug and play with the GMA340 too.

• Like 1

I learned the hard way that Garmin does not shield the circuitry in their audio panels sufficiently to overcome the RF dirt put out by radios like the Narco 810 and Mk 12D.  PS Engineering 8000 (plug and play replacement for the GMA 340) took care of the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

Thanks but I want Avidyne. Their audio panel is plug and play with the GMA340 too.

You guys realize that PS engineering builds audio panels for both Garmin and Avidyne, right? 

6 hours ago, jetdriven said:

You guys realize that PS engineering builds audio panels for both Garmin and Avidyne, right? 

but the front panel is different on the 240.  very intuitive.  I like the monitor function.  

9 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

You should just trade it in through Avionic Source for a PMA450a. They are amazing audio panels, and are plug and play with your GMA340. So no installation cost at all.

sort of, if you have already added the wires for the monitor function, which you are going to want.  

8 hours ago, jetdriven said:

They may, but the ones with the Garmin name on the front plate meet the Garmin specs - and that is the problem.

12 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Do you know what the cost is after trade in Paul? I am looking to do this myself, and I also have a customer with a Navajo that needs to replace his 340. 

10 hours ago, jetdriven said:

That's half correct - PS Engineering makes the Avidyne unit, but definitely not the Garmin 340 (maybe other Garmin units but I'm not sure).

13 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

PS engineering over Avidyne anyday, even if they are building Avidynes Audio Panels for them. When it comes to sound/audio in the airplane, PS engineering is the best choice. 

On 5/17/2017 at 5:45 PM, KLRDMD said:

I've decided to get rid of the last piece of Garmin equipment in my airplane. I'm replacing it with the Avidyne audio panel as everything else I have is Avidyne.  Works perfectly, I just want an all Avidyne setup. $750 including shipping. [I'll get better photos at the airport tomorrow but this was from about six months ago.]

Updated photo taken last Saturday:

IMG_6891.jpg

On 5/17/2017 at 8:52 PM, gsxrpilot said:

+1 for the PMA 450a. Got one in December and love it! It replaced an older PS unit that was rock solid also.

• Like 1