I had some wings embroidered

Ned Gravel

Over the last few years, I have been looking to get some wings embroidered for my flight jackets.  A couple of months ago, I got the idea of using our favourite logo as the set of wings I wear.  Here is the result.DSCN3977.thumb.JPG.921602f982bd575de3e43d1aef691824.JPG

Minimum order was for 25 and all I wanted was 10 or so.  It will take some time to use them all up.

• Like 3

Much as I would love to sell the remainder and recoup a proportionate amount of the cost, we are talking about a Mooney Logo patch here guys - and I do not own the trademark for these.  Mooney International does.  Even if I am not making any money off of the deal, money is changing hands and that contravenes a bunch of Intellelectual property laws.

Making them for myself is OK.  Making them for others requires written permission from Mooney.

If anyone has a way out of this - a lawyer? - then let's hear it.

2 hours ago, Ned Gravel said:

Much as I would love to sell the remainder and recoup a proportionate amount of the cost, we are talking about a Mooney Logo patch here guys - and I do not own the trademark for these.  Mooney International does.  Even if I am not making any money off of the deal, money is changing hands and that contravenes a bunch of Intellelectual property laws.

Making them for myself is OK.  Making them for others requires written permission from Mooney.

If anyone has a way out of this - a lawyer? - then let's hear it.

You give me a patch over lunch / I buy lunch.

On 5/15/2017 at 7:38 PM, Ned Gravel said:

How about we do that in Oshkosh?  Are you flying with the Caravan this year?

Better pic.

IMG_1629.thumb.JPG.8d536c1dc52da1a230a0e8b8fe58bf40.JPG

Hi Ned, Darn I won't be able to take you up on that - Im not going to Oshkosh.  Also Im afraid I'm not a caravan guy.

BUT!....Rocliffe?  That's quite close.  That's where Antoine is too right?  I've been up there before, for lunch with Antoine, and Huoman (our friend from Montreal whom we all know the story).

Erik:

I leave for South Asia, then Southeast Asia on 21 May (next Sunday) and will not be back into Ottawa until the 25th of June.  How about after I get back to North America, you fly up and I will let you buy me lunch.  I will get hold of Yves as well.

1 hour ago, Ned Gravel said:

Erik:

I leave for South Asia, then Southeast Asia on 21 May (next Sunday) and will not be back into Ottawa until the 25th of June.  How about after I get back to North America, you fly up and I will let you buy me lunch.  I will get hold of Yves as well.

...its a good deal!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

Ill take one for free. Ill buy you a 12-pack of Kokanee because you're a great person and give you some $$ to cover postage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tigers.  Not really a beer drinker, but I appreciate the offer.  PM sent.  Same as for everyone else that has demonstrated interest.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 8:00 PM, Ned Gravel said:

Thanks Tigers.  Not really a beer drinker, but I appreciate the offer.  PM sent.  Same as for everyone else that has demonstrated interest.

Ned if you have a couple or so left, steaks on me. I'm going to try to do Oshkosh especially if I don't have to go alone 

I honestly think I have a way out of the intellectual property dillema.  As far as I can tell, the patch is the OP's interpretation of the Mooney logo. As such the copyright is his to do with as he will.

Of course the surest thing to do is call Mooney. But I wouldn't.  I've seen that embroidered in quite a few seats. Don't want to rock the boat on that one.

• Like 1