Mooney CFI's in Florida?

Hello,

I haven't been up in a Mooney yet and I was wondering if there are any CFI's that train in Mooney's? I'm currently a student pilot with only a few hours but I would like to pay for a discovery flight or something like that.  I currently have my eye on a J, I still have a long way to go with my studies. I'm in the Tampa/Saint Pete area during Business hours (KSPG, KPIE) and I live right next to 48X. I'm going to attend the Mooney fly in June 10th. So hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of the FL locals.

Thank you!

• Like 1

The best way to find a CFI who will train in a Mooney... is to own your Mooney first. :-) But you don't need a CFI to go up in a Mooney and get some stick time.

If you'll put your city or airport location on your avatar, I'll add you to the MooneySpace Map and send you a link.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank said:

There's a MooneySpace map???

Check your messages... I sent you the link.  Just a little project, giving me something to do while my plane is still in the shop.

In the interest of privacy... it's only available to those who put Location in their avatar with at least City or Airport.

6 hours ago, FloridaPilots said:

Hello,

I haven't been up in a Mooney yet and I was wondering if there are any CFI's that train in Mooney's? I'm currently a student pilot with only a few hours but I would like to pay for a discovery flight or something like that.  I currently have my eye on a J, I still have a long way to go with my studies. I'm in the Tampa/Saint Pete area during Business hours (KSPG, KPIE) and I live right next to 48X. I'm going to attend the Mooney fly in June 10th. So hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of the FL locals.

Thank you!

While I have been known to instruct a lot of people in Mooney's, I don't have a Mooney you could train in, and haven't done any primary instruction for a number of years. You might try Sam Lindsey In Wauchula, Fl.  nine four one 209 twenty three twenty two, or see if the flight school in Ocala will let a student rent and train in their J they have on the line. Ill be on the west coast for the 6-10 lunch, but there will be a good dozen or 2 people that would gladly take you for a lap around the patch and let you sit in their Mooney and make airplane noises! Good luck!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 10:20 AM, gsxrpilot said:

The best way to find a CFI who will train in a Mooney... is to own your Mooney first. :-) But you don't need a CFI to go up in a Mooney and get some stick time.

If you'll put your city or airport location on your avatar, I'll add you to the MooneySpace Map and send you a link.

Done!! Thank you

On 5/14/2017 at 4:56 PM, mike_elliott said:

While I have been known to instruct a lot of people in Mooney's, I don't have a Mooney you could train in, and haven't done any primary instruction for a number of years. You might try Sam Lindsey In Wauchula, Fl.  nine four one 209 twenty three twenty two, or see if the flight school in Ocala will let a student rent and train in their J they have on the line. Ill be on the west coast for the 6-10 lunch, but there will be a good dozen or 2 people that would gladly take you for a lap around the patch and let you sit in their Mooney and make airplane noises! Good luck!

Will do...thank you!

On 5/14/2017 at 4:56 PM, mike_elliott said:

Hello,

My goal was to sit in a Mooney J just to see if I can fit and just fly around I don't want to take my primary in a Mooney but go up with someone that knows enough about them.

On 5/15/2017 at 6:49 PM, FloridaPilots said:

Hello,

My goal was to sit in a Mooney J just to see if I can fit and just fly around I don't want to take my primary in a Mooney but go up with someone that knows enough about them.

Do you have a specific concern about your height or weight? Here on MS, we have all shapes and sizes. I am a petite 6'5" and 215 lbs. and not even close to the tallest one on the board.