Marauder's Avionics Emporium

13 hours ago, Marauder said:

Can I spend some more of your money? Ditch the mechanical AI & the vacuum pump by sticking in an L-3 ESI 500 (maybe a G-5 if it ever gets certified as a backup) and install a WX-500 and have that data sent over to your Aspens and Avidynes. Love the work done.

No. 

The Aspen MFD is the first backup to the PFD AI. The iLevil AW2 has full AHRS for an iPad backup if both Aspens fail. The mechanical AI is only there because of the STC requirement.

I considered the WX-500 but the wife says if we needed that we would be on the ground anyway. Nixed.....

No. 
The Aspen MFD is the first backup to the PFD AI. The iLevil AW2 has full AHRS for an iPad backup if both Aspens fail. The mechanical AI is only there because of the STC requirement.
I considered the WX-500 but the wife says if we needed that we would be on the ground anyway. Nixed.....

Come on Tom! It's only your kid's inheritance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 9 months later...
What adhesion promoter is needed for the plane's plastic bits? I think I'm about to try this on the lower plastic trim. 

Thanks.

When Bruce Jaeger painted my interior with the SEM he used a plastic prep(I’ll look for what it was) and Bulldog for the paint adhesion step.

http://kleanstripauto.com/products#bulldog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Marauder,
How many AMU's are we talking about?
My 1976 M20C is in dire need of upgrades (at least that's what I tell the CFO (wifey)..  
Thanks!

AMUs for what in particular? I posted this picture to help with the ballpark prices.

4e00b4b57b445711bd4af270d13a71f6.jpg

4 hours ago, Dreamlifter said:

Hi Marauder,

How many AMU's are we talking about? My 1976 M20C is in dire need of upgrades (at least that's what I tell the CFO (wifey).. :) 

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that not only does Mrs. Marauder not know, B26 himself is pretty careful to avoid any urge to total anything related to his F. 

At least that's my MO. 

15 hours ago, Marauder said:

AMUs for what in particular? I posted this picture to help with the ballpark prices.

4e00b4b57b445711bd4af270d13a71f6.jpg

OK, adding in new panel, avionics shop costs, auto pilot, and a couple of other wants (NEEDS dear) I have a pretty good idea.

Unfortunately the panel will be worth more than the airplane..... BUT IT WILL BE MY AIRPLANE!  I know what's coming next from the community, "trade up to a Mooney that already has the setup I'm looking for".

Thanks Marauder, you are a smart man!

You skipped a couple of boxes (650, G5, etc)

Also I noticed a lack of placards on various switches, etc...would have thought that was a FAA requirement?

Those prices are for the hardware only.

Im pretty sure your panel costs exceed what you bought the plane for if you totaled it up, and I don’t blame you if you didn’t.