Geographic member locations

I'd like to see a list of members by state, or geographic location with a state.  That way, if you are traveling to an area for a trip, you can contact by PM or post those who are in the area to meet up or give local advice (best restaurants, lodging etc.).

It shouldn't be difficult to do with the member information currently available.  Obviously, a member not wanting to be listed can either opt out, or just not give that info as part of their profile.

Roger

• Like 2

So I've been putting a map together. I've only put members on the map who have listed either a city or an airport on their profile. I'm happy to share it with anyone who is listed on the map. If you are not listed on the map, I will not share the map with you. If all you listed in your profile is a State, @carusoam, @Marauder, @201er, for example, you're not on the map.

If anyone would like to be on the map, just tell me and make sure a city or airport is listed in your profile under your avatar.

Likewise if someone doesn't want to be on my map, just tell me and you'll be removed. I've assumed if you've listed a city or airport, you're fine with another member having that information.

The only detail is the screen name and a pin in the location.  There are no other identifying information. Here's an example.

Let me know what you think...

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.45.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.47.39 PM.png

• Like 5

9 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

So I've been putting a map together. I've only put members on the map who have listed either a city or an airport on their profile. I'm happy to share it with anyone who is listed on the map. If you are not listed on the map, I will not share the map with you. If all you listed in your profile is a State, @carusoam, @Marauder, @201er, for example, you're not on the map.

If anyone would like to be on the map, just tell me and make sure a city or airport is listed in your profile under your avatar.

Likewise if someone doesn't want to be on my map, just tell me and you'll be removed. I've assumed if you've listed a city or airport, you're fine with another member having that information.

The only detail is the screen name and a pin in the location.  There are no other identifying information. Here's an example.

Let me know what you think...

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.45.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.47.39 PM.png

How can other MS members access the map? I think the map is a great idea, members could add contact info if they wanted

MooneySpace is a public forum that anyone can access which is good. But consequently contact info such as email or phone is a really bad idea. The idea here is that if you want a contact somewhere, look at the name and send a message on MooneySpace to that member.
At this time I'm only putting members who have location info in their profile. And I'm also only sending the link to members who are listed on the map. I'm trying to be sensitive to the privacy of members who are not listing location info.
You can bookmark the link in your browser. It will automatically update as I make updates to the map.
As of yet, this is just a personal project and not sanctioned by MooneySpace ownership.
I'm very interested in feedback.

• Like 2