Tips and Tricks

Mods, IMHO we need a "tips and tricks" category on the forum.  There are so many valuable time saving suggestions given by members over the years that they should be in their own category.  For example, best places to get Mooney mods, to best ways to mount an iPad, to best way to search the forum etc.  Being in one single category, would condense it all in one place, and would make finding the info much easier.

Seems like a relatively easy thing to do, and would benefit everyone here.

Roger

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

As per your request,

Let the games begin:

Tip # 1. Always pay someone else to wash and wax your plane.

Tip#2. Put a SBR reminder on your pre take-off check list. (For those of you in Rio Linda, that would be speed brakes retracted)

Tip# 3, Remove pitot cover and all tie down ropes before taxing.

Tip#5, Activate pitot heat before entering icing, not during or after.

Tip#6. In extreme turbulence, retract throttle, neutralize controls , then pray.

Tip #7, To really understand how it is done, Watch Svetlana Kapanina's U-Tube videos.

Many more tips, but coffee is waiting.

• Like 1

As per your request,
Let the games begin:

Tip#2. Put a SBR reminder on your pre take-off check list. (For those of you in Rio Linda, that would be speed brakes retracted)
  Tip#6. In extreme turbulence, retract throttle, neutralize controls , then pray.
   Tip #7, To really understand how it is done, Watch Svetlana Kapanina's U-Tube videos.
LOVE the Rio Linda reference!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, DAVIDWH said:

As per your request,

Let the games begin:

Must have been an early morning, #4 went out for a biscuit . . . . .  ;)

6018Q posted a zeroth post.  Usually the post count starts with a one on your first post.

Welcome aboard, 8Q.

The answer to where to mount an I pad is covered in a few threads around here...  mini, regular, or panel mounted...  so many personal choices... hard to guess which is best for you and your type of flying...

Try the search function, the results are interesting complete with pics...

Best regards,

-a-

46 minutes ago, carusoam said:

6018Q posted a zeroth post.  Usually the post count starts with a one on your first post.

Welcome aboard, 8Q.

The answer to where to mount an I pad is covered in a few threads around here...  mini, regular, or panel mounted...  so many personal choices... hard to guess which is best for you and your type of flying...

Best regards,

-a-

that really is odd..saved for fun...

N6018Q

•  
  • N6018Q
  • Supporter
  • 0 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Reg #:N6018Q
  • Model:M20E
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard, 8Q.

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks. I'll do that. I intend to fly back and forth from northern Oklahoma to southern Louisiana (488nm). Most flights I will have 2 passengers and I know space will be at a premium.

2 hours ago, DAVIDWH said:

N6018Q, Where are you located? I am at KHUM. N606WM

Back to those tips:

If on final approach your ground speed is higher than your airspeed, you might want to contact your CFI for a refresher tutorial.

KUXL (Near KLCH)