M20 C uncommanded gear extension

Anything from misaligned carpeting to a stray seat belt to an AAA battery will prevent the gear from locking. So will being too gentle on the retraction. Should be quite easy to inspect the down lock. I had my gear deploy at 150kts and it was a non issue. It's a robust system, it would be a real challenge to harm it with air...

On 5/12/2017 at 7:31 AM, Urs_Wildermuth said:

I always thought of the manual gear as being an assett, but right now I have my doubts.

That's blasphemy....get thee to an MSC.

You certain you had it locked?  This was a huge problem for me starting out.  Being of diminutive stature, I haven't got a lot of uumpf on the bar, and didn't aways get it fully locked in when I started out.  I had a number of uncomanded gear extensions, one right under the shelf of a class bravo (good luck pulling to bleed off some speed).  Time and experience got it under control.