Fully enclosing gear

Add the lower gear doors and the fairings behind the wheels. There are three mounting brackets on each wheel. It should retrofit pretty easily. You may need to trim a corner off of your main gear door.

I wouldn't do it. I don't think you gain much and they are a pain to keep up and they are the first thing to get damaged on a rough field.

You might be able to get a field approval to retrofit the third gear door system to a vintage Mooney if you have electric gear and the 40:1 gear set. It would probably add too much force to a J-bar system to be practical.

It would not be worth the expense and difficulty IMO. I'd probably be content with the low profile composite lower doors and brake caliper reversal.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

It makes for far easier inspection of the brakes. Marginally faster with the lower profile gear doors, which are more robust than the stamped aluminum versions plus the plastic bump fairings on the wing that crack. Nice upgrade in my opinion, even if it doesn't add 3 knots.

Many years ago I got mine from the current incarnation of mod works in Florida, but I don't know if they're still around. I was happy with the doors, although they took a lot of fitting by adjusting the mounting brackets to close up nicely on my plane. That is very likely true for every Mooney, and I would expect to spend a couple hours doing this.

Byron got some doors somewhere else, but I don't remember where...and I believe he was not happy with them as-delivered. Perhaps he'll chime in.

LASAR would probably be a good start. I know they have a caliper reversal STC available separately. My doors included that mod in the STC. They might have the doors as well.