Mooneys in New England

Hank

Anyone around central CT? I will be there from now until Memorial Day weekend, with Saturdays at home, as well as Mothers Day (we leave for the ATL airport at 0230 CDT next Monday to be home for that). Also the first and third weeks of June . . . .

My plane will, sadly, remain in Alabama, but I'm open for dinner, drinks, conversation, etc. Should be off most of next Wednesday, 17 May. I will have variable numbers of coworkers with me.

Edited by Hank

20 hours ago, Hank said:

Anyone around central CT? I will be there from now until Memorial Day weekend, with Saturdays at home, as well as Mothers Day (we leave for the ATL airport at 0230 CDT next Monday to be home for that). Also the first and third weeks of June . . . .

My plane will, sadly, remain in Alabama, but I'm open for dinner, drinks, conversation, etc. Should be off most of next Wednesday, 17 May. I will have variable numbers of coworkers with me.

I'm not far away at KOXC.  Would be great to get together and perhaps meet up with some of the other guys.  Are you around here next weekend?  Weekdays are tough, but maybe an evening.

1 minute ago, Hank said:

There's a decent one in the terminal, just inside security, but we can't go there. What am I missing outside security, other than Dunkin?

You may be thinking of BDL, . I think Robert is talking about HFD.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2017 at 9:33 PM, takair said:

You may be thinking of BDL, . I think Robert is talking about HFD.

Ah, so! Give the man a prize! Never would have looked for two airports here. Need to download sectionals and prowl around . . . 

Edited by Hank

• Hi - Just bought a brand new (to me) Ovation 3GX.  My plane is currently based in KHFD (Hartford), and I live nearby.  I could "host" the group here.  I hear the restaurant is really good and see a lot of fly-ins for breakfast/lunch.  Weekends are ideal, though I could pull off an evening later this coming week.  [I could pull my plane out of the hangar for the fly-in!!!, though, technically I flew in from Charlotte this week].
  • Like 1

Sounds great! This is a much bigger response than I was hoping for. BDL is about a half hour from Manchester, and HFD is about 20 minutes from where I'll be spending my days. Four of us are coming up in the wee hours Monday morning (meeting at work here at 0230 to drive to ATL), and two are going home Wednesday morning. I'll be there through Friday afternoon, then we are coming back Sunday evening to stay the next week.

Looking forward to a non-working get together one evening. If we miss this time, I'll be up at least two weeks in June, too. Just wish I could get my Mooney up with me . . . . 

Whatever day works for the most people is fine with me. My coworker who will be with me has never been in a small plane. (I'm working on that. He's been asking lots of questions since we've been traveling a lot lately.)

17 hours ago, takair said:

Tuesday or Wednesday at around 6pm @ KHFD? 

I think, judging by how yesterday went, we should try for Wednesday. That's our makeup day this week. Today we will be busy catching up . . .

Thank you for being flexible! 

1 hour ago, Hank said:

I think, judging by how yesterday went, we should try for Wednesday. That's our makeup day this week. Today we will be busy catching up . . .

Thank you for being flexible! 

Ok, no problem.  Will try for Wednesday, let us know as things firm up. 

Oops...

Be aware of the TFR, Wednesday May17, New London CT...

http://www.magnetmail.net/actions/email_mobile_web_version.cfm?recipient_id=2752121937&message_id=14252136&user_id=AOPA_4&jobid=37349687

This may have aged some.  It was yesterday's news...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam