Gear donuts

PTK

15 hours ago, PhilB said:

I was calling around to get a set and happened to call Lord about them. The but answered all my questions and then at the end of the conversation he asked where I was getting them from. I named a shop I had talked to and he told me "we only sell to AviAll. If you purchase them anywhere else you're paying at least two markups.". I had an affiliation with a shop that had an AviAll account and they let me order all 11 using their account. We were able to save a pretty good chunk! I don't remember how much and AviAll requires an account number to check prices and availability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil. Welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting this interesting information. Please forgive these heavens for not welcoming you sooner. They are passionate for sure, but one can question their civility. :) 

please post a hello on the main page and tell us about yourself. 

Welcome again. 

• 2 months later...
Good information indeed.
With this information, and this is just my opinion, I want to consider that our small Mooney shops around the country (LASAR, Top Gun, Advanced Aircraft Services, Southwest Texas, Maxwell, etc,) need our support to continue servicing us and for them to stay in business and make a living.
I do, of course, shop prices when I need parts, but I try to keep all of them in mind as they compete for our business.
My thoughts only. :rolleyes:

An unfortunate situation, I think, but I agree. I've talked to a few shops (Aviation and Automotive), that the parts markup is their bread and butter. I know it takes man-hours and physical space (which is at a premium these days!), to procure parts and maintain a reasonable stock so that every airplane isn't waiting on parts.
The shops that have the expertise and experience do need the support. They are the ones with the "corporate knowledge" that many independent shops and mechanics don't have. They're the ones that can fix that odd problem that no one else had a clue where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/20/2017 at 8:50 AM, PhilB said:

An unfortunate situation, I think, but I agree. I've talked to a few shops (Aviation and Automotive), that the parts markup is their bread and butter. I know it takes man-hours and physical space (which is at a premium these days!), to procure parts and maintain a reasonable stock so that every airplane isn't waiting on parts.
The shops that have the expertise and experience do need the support. They are the ones with the "corporate knowledge" that many independent shops and mechanics don't have. They're the ones that can fix that odd problem that no one else had a clue where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you referring to parts or service?

-Robert