Jacking gear for tire change

HRM

Any good (CB) solutions to jacking gear to replace tires? There has to be a simpler, cheaper way to do it than AC jacks.

There is an L-shaped bracket for Piper gear that allows a small hydro jack to work, anything like that in the Mooneyspace?

On my old C I had a 1/2 inch pipe end with a hole drilled in it and had a threaded bolt same as the tiedown and would insert and jack with a hydraulic jack that sat on a large cement core sample.  After wheel removal I would put a block of wood under the axel for added safety.

Pritch

You can do one wheel at a time as I mentioned above.  When I do my gear retraction at annual time I lift the mains up and place 32'' saw horses under the spars of the wing 36'' outboard the mains and use a cherry picker with a nylon strap around the prop to lift the nose wheel.  If your just changing the tires I would think it would be easier to do one wheel at a time.  This is the instructions from the A model manual.  I don't see why it wouldn't be any different for a metal wing.    

I went through this last summer.  I thought about trying to kluge up some sort of jack, and then I thought about what would happen if said jack fell over or punched through the wing.  I thought it a bad idea to jury rig something to hold up my very expensive airplane.  But that's just me.

On 5/9/2017 at 10:02 PM, kerry said:

You can do one wheel at a time as I mentioned above.  When I do my gear retraction at annual time I lift the mains up and place 32'' saw horses under the spars of the wing 36'' outboard the mains and use a cherry picker with a nylon strap around the prop to lift the nose wheel.  If your just changing the tires I would think it would be easier to do one wheel at a time.  This is the instructions from the A model manual.  I don't see why it wouldn't be any different for a metal wing.    

A few years ago I lost a tire at Liberty Municipal (T78) and called back to my FBO who gave me the number of a flying A&P. Well, the guy flew out in his Bonanza that was loaded to the gills with tires, tools, etc. He had three or four pieces of 4x4 post and piled them up over a floor jack and jacked my E up right there on the tarmac. I was a bit freaked out, but it didn't leave a scratch. 

Those must be awfully hefty sawhorses.