Safe Solvent for Cleaning Landing Gear

I use 340 degree steam in my EV 3000i steam cleaner. Water is a great solvent!

It works great for the belly, the landing gear, the bugs, the interior, engine, etc, etc. I use it in the house for grout, tile, showers, ovens, bbq grills, windows, mirrors, etc, etc. I saw a prototype of this in Germany in 2002 and have the distribution rights in Texas.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

I use 340 degree steam in my EV 3000i steam cleaner. Water is a great solvent!

It works great for the belly, the landing gear, the bugs, the interior, engine, etc, etc. I use it in the house for grout, tile, showers, ovens, bbq grills, windows, mirrors, etc, etc. I saw a prototype of this in Germany in 2002 and have the distribution rights in Texas.

Can you show us this machine in action on said landing gear? I'm intrigued, but the video only shows the machine cleaning household items that already appear pretty clean...not the same as a steel tube with caked on dirt and grease. Looks like it could be promising though!

• Like 2

Just now, Whiskey Charlie said:

What does the machines retail for?

Not cheap. Made in Italy, Very well made, stainless steel, brushes, attachments for everything, etc, etc. MSRP is close to 3000. Mooneyspacers would get a great deal. Not allowed to quote anything on the internet, but if you're interested PM me.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 8:54 PM, Gary0747 said:

Is there a safe solvent to use for cleaning the grease and dirt off the landing gear?

Yes.  Mineral spirits, paper towels, and a toothbrush.  Old-school, but works incredibly well.  The toothbrush really helps get stubborn deposits and doesn't scratch unnecessarily.  Sometimes, taking a bit of extra time in this area helps you "see" something in your gear mechanism you probably missed previously.  A good learning experience of sorts.  :-)

Good advice Steven, plus there are enough dentists on MS that if you ask nicely, they might just sent you a couple!  On another note, I had my M20C based first at HWV and then FRG at the charlie hangers.