1987 205 SE / M20J For Sale - NY KPOU

Well it’s time to let go of my Mooney.  She has served me and my family well, but now I’m comfortable enough in my 195 to cut the safety net of having her around.  They say the best planes get sold before they are advertised.  This is a great example.  I found this plane, right here on Mooney Space, and I'll bet she finds her new home with Mooney Space member again.

I’ve set up a website with all the details and pictures. 

Here’s a some pics and specs to get you interested:

1987 Mooney 205SE
Flown regularly
Well maintained
530 WAAS, GPSS/roll steering
Aspen MFD with Synthetic Vision
Altitude Pre-select
Yaw Damper
1040 SMOH
4350 TT
Hangared
No Damage History
Hartzell Top Prop (535hrs)
1000lb Useful Load STC
New seats from Oregon Aero
IFR and Annual* Current   (*end of May)
And much much much more.

$138,000  $119,000

Check out the website for lots of pics and all the goodies.

11-IMAG1856.jpg

03-N205KD-panel.jpg39-001.jpg

35-IMAG1411.jpg

Edited by LuvFlying
Price update
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Very nice plane, I had an 88 model. awesome aircraft that made a Mooney, I have to believe if the 205 was in mass production today you wouldn't see as many plastic planes. 160+ knots on 10 GPH what beats it.

• 2 months later...

That's a REALLY nice plane.  I'd make an offer but even your new ask is just a bit outside what I can afford to spend.

@LuvFlying

Also, question- most J models have the IO-360-A3B6D engine, or the upgrade mag variant -A3B6.  Your website lists the engine as an -A3860 variant.  I'm not familiar.  Is this an STC?  Also-  the recent oil analysis stated you weren't sure if it had nickel cylinders or not.  Blackstone wanted to know in regards to a slightly high nickel count in the oil sample.  They said in a nickel cylinder it would be fine ... is this the case?

3 hours ago, Firebird2xc said:

question- most J models have the IO-360-A3B6D engine, or the upgrade mag variant -A3B6.  Your website lists the engine as an -A3860 variant.  I'm not familiar.  Is this an STC?  Also-  the recent oil analysis stated you weren't sure if it had nickel cylinders or not.  Blackstone wanted to know in regards to a slightly high nickel count in the oil sample.  They said in a nickel cylinder it would be fine ... is this the case?

Engine type is a typo (since corrected) its a A3B6D

I never asked Gann what they used. It was like that for years and stable.  I wasn't concerned about it to have them investigate. 

Just now, LuvFlying said:

Engine type is a typo (since corrected) its a A3B6D

I never asked Gann what they used. It was like that for years and stable.  I wasn't concerned about it to have them investigate. 

Okay.  Just curious, mostly.  I'd have to dig pretty deep to pony up to buy this airplane, but I will admit I'm thinking about it.  It's pretty damned cherry.

Okay.  Just curious, mostly.  I'd have to dig pretty deep to pony up to buy this airplane, but I will admit I'm thinking about it.  It's pretty damned cherry.

FWIW I was shopping for a nice E or F 10-11 years ago, and blew my budget by 20+ AMU to get into my J instead. It was a deal then, despite my budgetary desires, and I'm still happy all these years later I ended up with what I have.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

I flew this back when Chris White and Doug Ohlmsted owned her, right after Tim Matthison did the panel and Carlos did the motor. Is a great plane. It is also the feature plane on Sporty's Aspen DVD.

Oooh, she's famous!  That's kinda cool.  Nice to see that people know her, too.

Just now, KSMooniac said:

FWIW I was shopping for a nice E or F 10-11 years ago, and blew my budget by 20+ AMU to get into my J instead. It was a deal then, despite my budgetary desires, and I'm still happy all these years later I ended up with what I have.

Yeah, this would exceed what I was looking to spend by more than 20k AMU.  It's not that I *can't* spend it... It's that I feel like digging that deep into savings and financing would be a questionable decision...   I'm not saying I wouldn't reach that deep...  Just that I'm not sure I can feel good about it.  

Understood. I financed, and if doing it over I wouldn't. You have to be able to sleep at night. But of course rates are low...and you don't have to finance all of it. Sacrifices were and are made in the rest of my lifestyle to include the Mooney, and I wouldn't change that!

1 hour ago, KSMooniac said:

Understood. I financed, and if doing it over I wouldn't. You have to be able to sleep at night. But of course rates are low...and you don't have to finance all of it. emoji14.png Sacrifices were and are made in the rest of my lifestyle to include the Mooney, and I wouldn't change that!

In the end the financial risk has to be something every owner decides for themselves.  I don't want to get into too much airplane and realize I'm 'house poor'.  I refuse to buy more than I can maintain properly and fly regularly.  It's still tempting, though.

• Like 2

In the end the financial risk has to be something every owner decides for themselves.  I don't want to get into too much airplane and realize I'm 'house poor'.  I refuse to buy more than I can maintain properly and fly regularly.  It's still tempting, though.

Also consider that many "bargain" airplanes aren't bargains. Any money saved at sale can be lost pretty quickly in the shop. A well maintained, known airplane is worth every penny usually...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, gsengle said:

Also consider that many "bargain" airplanes aren't bargains. Any money saved at sale can be lost pretty quickly in the shop. A well maintained, known airplane is worth every penny usually...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to see that, in a big way.  There might be a diamond in the rough here or there but it's starting to seem like "buy once cry once" really does apply here.