Mooney Fly-In, June 3, Watsonville, CA

Ok, here's another opportunity to have some fun flying your Mooney and to share stories face to face.

Ella's restaurant at the Watsonville airport.  Easy parking and easy access to Ella's.

11ish arrival, lunch noonish.

We understand all have busy weekend schedules, so just trying to provide advanced notice.

1 minute ago, M20S Driver said:

I am in..  

Perfect!  Let's see if we can beat our last Saturday Harris Ranch attendance ...........uh, 3 Mooneys !  Again, it's not so much quantity, but quality..........and Mooney pilots ARE quality.  :)

Have fun flying your Mooney!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bennett said:

I'll try for both if my airplane ever gets out of annual. PowerFlow has my exhaust system to update, but apparently hasn't got the parts yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can join me in KPAO or I can pick you up at KSQL...

You can join me in KPAO or I can pick you up at KSQL...

Thanks for the invite. I might have to take you up on your offer. LASAR has finished my annual (no significant squawks), with the exception of the PowerFlow exhaust system. Frankly, I wonder if that system is worth all the hassle and expense. It costs me somewhere in the vicinity of $500 every annual to take it apart, use their special grease, and reassemble it. I have no real way of knowing if it is as effective as they advertise. It was in the airplane when I bought it, so I have no before and after metrics. I do know that I am now held hostage by that company while they build new parts (none in stock they say), and their preliminary quotes are ridiculously excessive. I could probably buy a stock system for less.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bennett said:

Thanks for the invite. I might have to take you up on your offer. LASAR has finished my annual (no significant squawks), with the exception of the PowerFlow exhaust system. Frankly, I wonder if that system is worth all the hassle and expense. It costs me somewhere in the vicinity of $500 every annual to take it apart, use their special grease, and reassemble it. I have no real way of knowing if it is as effective as they advertise. It was in the airplane when I bought it, so I have no before and after metrics. I do know that I am now held hostage by that company while they build new parts (none in stock they say), and their preliminary quotes are ridiculously excessive. I could probably buy a stock system for less.

What do they require..lubing all the slip joints every annual/100 hrs?

What do they require..lubing all the slip joints every annual/100 hrs?

It's never been that simple for me at annual time. There is always something cracked or broken in that exhaust system that requires at least partial removal and welding, then replacement.

On 5/6/2017 at 4:46 PM, MooneyMitch said:

Ok, here's another opportunity to have some fun flying your Mooney and to share stories face to face.

Ella's restaurant at the Watsonville airport.  Easy parking and easy access to Ella's.

We understand all have busy weekend schedules, so just trying to provide advanced notice.

Ok, we're bumping this thread up as a reminder for anyone that can fly in for this little get together.

Its fun :D:D

On 5/6/2017 at 4:46 PM, MooneyMitch said:

Our last pump up of this little fun event.

Hopefully the stars are aligned and the weather cooperates......maybe see you there if you can, and if you wish.

3 hours ago, Immelman said:

WVI is a walk-in/drive-in/bike-in for me (I am based there) but sadly I will miss you guys; I'll be "flying the line" on Saturday, day 3 of a 3-day trip.... Enjoy!

Safe flying to you and we'll do some more little Mooney jaunts! :D

Yea! I just learned that PowerFlow finally sent the new parts to LASAR, and that the airplane will be signed off (annual) on Friday. If it all works out I hope to be at Watsonville on Saturday. Small complication: KSQL will be closed to all (real) aircraft on Saturday between 10:30 AM and Noon for a model airplane airshow. I'm not an enthusiast about closing the airport for model airplanes.

3 hours ago, Bennett said:

Yea! I just learned that PowerFlow finally sent the new parts to LASAR, and that the airplane will be signed off (annual) on Friday. If it all works out I hope to be at Watsonville on Saturday. Small complication: KSQL will be closed to all (real) aircraft on Saturday between 10:30 AM and Noon for a model airplane airshow. I'm not an enthusiast about closing the airport for model airplanes.

I will be there.  

Bennett:  Please join me at KPAO if KSQL is closed or your plane is not released.