Mooney CFI in the Dayton Ohio Area

Gerbil

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have recently decided I am going to buy a Mooney and am going to need the right endorsements and a couple of dual hours in a Mooney for insurance purposes. Since I live near Dayton I hoping to find someone near here to get it done. I'll appreciate any help finding somebody. 

Thanks

Gerbil

Welcome! 

I  live in Dayton and have an M20R based at DAY. What airport do you fly out of?

I don't know any Mooney specific CFIs in the area, but do know some excellent CFIs that could easily help with transition training into an F or J. Also, MAPA typically brings its Pilot Proficiency Program to the Midwest in the fall. This past year they were in Mansfield (MFD). Mooney instructors abound at these programs. They sometimes are available at other times during the year to help with transition training. You may check with them to see if they can recommend someone who could help http://www.mapasafety.com/  

As a previous vintage Mooney owner, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the F model. Also, let me know if you want to check out my Ovation. I'm always looking for an excuse to go flying!

4 hours ago, mooneyman said:

Welcome! 

I'm live in Dayton and have an M20R based at DAY. What airport do you fly out of?

I don't know any Mooney specific CFIs in the area, but do know some excellent CFIs that could easily help with transition training into an F or J. Also, MAPA typically brings its Pilot Proficiency Program to the Midwest in the fall. This past year they were in Mansfield (MFD). Mooney instructors abound at these programs. They sometimes are available at other times during the year to help with transition training. You may check with them to see if they can recommend someone who could help http://www.mapasafety.com/  

As a previous vintage Mooney owner, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the F model. Also, let me know if you want to check out my Ovation. I'm always looking for an excuse to go flying!

Thanks...... I keep my plane at New Carlisle. I appreciate the offer and will be in touch.

Gerbil

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

You might look up Karl Ludolph at Xenia, or Rick Senseney in Anderson, In. Karl has a very very impressive resume' and an extremely nice J, Rick has an Ovation.

I should find a way to talk with Karl. I live near Xenia.

Gerbil

8 hours ago, BDPetersen said:

Welcome. I'm up in Ashland,OH(3G4). Sometimes I can be cajoled into helping out. My experience is with the older models.

Ashland isn't toooo far away. Thank you for responding. I'll be in touch.

Gerbil