Anyone have experience with aviation camps for kids?

My 10 y/o son is signed up to go to the Dayton Air Camp https://aircampusa.com/ in June.

I don't have any personal experience but it has an excellent reputation. The itinerary looks awesome!  I wish they had a camp for 45-49 year olds. I guess OSH will have to do.  I will post a PIREP after he attends.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2017 at 9:29 PM, air cooled dad said:

My son and I attended the 4 day Aviation Challenge course at Space Camp in Huntsville last summer.  We flew the Mooney there of course. We had a blast.  He enjoyed it so much I'll be dropping him off in the Mooney for another full week in June. 

Ill be dropping of my son as well at Huntsville in June. He is doing the Aviation Challenge Mach III.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The first session of Dayton Air Camp wrapped up on Friday. My 11 y/o son had a blast!  This was the first ever day camp for 4-6th graders. The staff were awesome and professional! Attached are some pics. My son can't wait to go back next year! 

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Find your local (or near) chapter of the women's organization called the 99s.

They have camps specifically for young women every summer at Oshkosh

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-education-and-resources/eaa-youth-education/eaa-aviation-and-flight-summer-camps/eaa-women-soar-you-soar

Anyone can also help sponsor a kid for camp with donations. Its 4 days I think so if you want a longer residency program, this might not suffice.

I did space camp one year and aviation challenge the next year when I was much younger. I had a blast though at the time and still today honestly I was a bit of a rocket nerd. You won't be disappointed if you a friends child there