MooneySpace meet in the middle

1) Grab bull by horns.

2) Make it happen.

3) Take time to set it up and get in everyone's schedule...

4) Be inclusive, you never know who will come.

5) Patrick and 201er arranged our first fly-in on the east coast about five years ago.

6) Patrick spent time on the phone calling everyone... MS was so young back then.

7) Over communicate.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam
  • Like 1

Yes,

My wife is like that. She will say "We should have a party"

Which means:

Can you make an E-Vite with everyone we know and send it out,

And get all the tables and chairs set up etc....

Or maybe I have it backwards and I say we should have a party and she has to make it all happen. I'm so forgetful lately...

• Like 2

In the FWIW department, I'm heading from Georgia to Idaho for the summer on or around June 30th.  I wouldn't mind an overnight somewhere halfway.  If someone in Kansas, Nebraska, or Wyoming wants to host, I'll stop.

Or North Dakota.  That works.

1 hour ago, Dream to fly said:

Does MooneySpace ever meet in the central US?

Define "central US" formus.

Several years ago, about 20 planes met in Gatlinburg, TN. I we travel down from furthest WV for the meet up at the museum.

A TX meet is being planned.

Do either of these count as "central"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dream to fly said:

I'll put it together.  I advertised a flyin at my local airport for July 1.  But I will work one out...  I'm all about networking and meeting new people.

I'm in Omaha.. count me in!

• Like 1

"Central" means different things depending on your criteria.....

400px-USCenterPop_Geographic2010.png

Personally, I think Panama City (around the first of October) is pretty "central" since that's where a lot of Mooniacs will be.  :lol:

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, yvesg said:

Best bet is Oshkosh Wisconsin during AirVenture. We had a get together that included over 30 Mooneyspacers if I recall right.

Yves

And being efficient Mooney pilots we shared one beer among us!

Clarence

• 2 weeks later...

KAPA in Denver might be a good bet. KFTG is a good airport also but it's a bit in the middle of nowhere. The restaurant is OK but nothing I would put in the scrapbook, Perfect Landing at KAPA might be better– there's often F-16s and other interesting airplanes on the ramp with all of the transients, I saw an SF50 and EA500 there last weekend. I'm new here so just my two cents. 

Anyone going to OshKosh? Sorry if there's already a thread, couldn't find it if so. Never been and would love to rideshare if anyone is headed that way from Denver.

12 minutes ago, John Myers said:

KAPA in Denver might be a good bet. KFTG is a good airport also but it's a bit in the middle of nowhere. The restaurant is OK but nothing I would put in the scrapbook, Perfect Landing at KAPA might be better– there's often F-16s and other interesting airplanes on the ramp with all of the transients, I saw an SF50 and EA500 there last weekend. I'm new here so just my two cents. 

Anyone going to OshKosh? Sorry if there's already a thread, couldn't find it if so. Never been and would love to rideshare if anyone is headed that way from Denver.

AirVenture is a wonderful experience!  If you can, GO!:D

For anyone in the Nebraska/Iowa/Kansas area, might I suggest a meet up during one of the monthly breakfasts in York/KYJR (first Saturday) or Crete/KCEK (third Saturday) of every month?

There's a good chance I'll be there this Saturday. I'll be wearing my Mooney t shirt.
Jan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, madjano said:

There's a good chance I'll be there this Saturday. I'll be wearing my Mooney t shirt.
Jan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I won't be able to make it this month, but definitely planning on going next month.  Would be great to meet up before next month though... breakfast in Norfolk maybe?

On 5/5/2017 at 11:13 AM, kpaul said:

Speaking of MooneySpace and Oshkosh...what ever happened to the MS T-shirts and hats idea?  Would make it easier to identify other MS'ers

I was working it, someone else came in saying he would do it, and promptly left. If I can get any amount of free time I might get the energy to try again, The hard part was ordering and shipping them,

22 hours ago, jasona900 said:

For anyone in the Nebraska/Iowa/Kansas area, might I suggest a meet up during one of the monthly breakfasts in York/KYJR (first Saturday) or Crete/KCEK (third Saturday) of every month?

I'll try if I ever get this bird air borne again.  I'm so close!!!!  Friday I should be able to pick it up and take to the sky.  Looking forward to meeting pilots from all over weather permitting.

• Like 1