Non king CDI with kns 80

I haven't been able to find a list of what. Cdis will work with a kns80.  The ki202 203 204 will but don't have glideslope.  The 206 is what I have and is not repairable and costs to much to buy new/yellow tagged.  Browsing flea bay but there's only one and it's in a bidding war..

The avionics shop mentioned Collins and garmin.  What I can't find is what models.  Is there some verbage I can look for that let's me know what would work.  For example the ki209 has its own vor/loc convertor which the kns80 has builtin so it won't work.  

What am I looking for in a cdi?  

There are several that will work MD200, GI106, Collins 351, KI209A etc. But they are not going to be any less than a KI206.  If you are re-wiring - may as well consider:  KCS55A compass system, Sandel SN3308 etc.

Aerodon

21 minutes ago, Aerodon said:

There are several that will work MD200, GI106, Collins 351, KI209A etc. But they are not going to be any less than a KI206.  If you are re-wiring - may as well consider:  KCS55A compass system, Sandel SN3308 etc.

Aerodon

the KI209A says it has internal VOR/LOC convertor which the KNS80 already has.  Will it still work?  some posts on the interwebs say its not suitable.  maybe that just because it is more expensive due to having the convertor?

also holy cheap bastard batman.  those HSI arent cheap.

so looks like these will work with KNS 80 and include glideslope.  At least I now have some options to search on.  and maybe this will help the next person searching for this info ;)

Mid-Continent MD200-306

Collins IND-351

Collins IND-351A

Garmin GI-106A

King KI-206

King KNI-520

The Sandel 3500 is a led which makes it 14/28 compatible...  It is upgradable to GPSS steering for $1100.00... I haven't advertised the units yet, but I was planning on listing them for $ 2000.00 and $ 4000.00 if interested make me an offer...

My hangar faries tell me when those indicators get stuck, it is because the tape they use around the meter movement windings comes loose. They tell me if you go in with some surgical sissors and snip off the offending piece of tape it will work fine.

if your hangar faries are good with that kind of micro surgery.