Wanted: Compass braket

I am looking for one of these mounting brackets for this style compass.  Why my instructor made it very clear why I need to ensure both seats are all the way back before getting in.  Easier on the forehead as well :-P

Keep in mind, I'm still new.  I am hoping I can buy a bracket by itself and that I don't have to replace the whole thing.

14474034_1783640381881543_89460745214298

Your probably not the only one to have this challenge.  My C's came pre-damaged when I got her.

+1 for the vibration dampening foam piece.  I used rubber which wasn't adsorbent enough...

This was also in the days before MS.

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

Mine actually came pre damaged as well. A zip tie holding it steady. Then my head made it worse.

So the foam you mention would be sandwiched between the bracket and windshield post? Not for people bumping it but just normal vibrations causing fatigue to the compass?  Is that right?

• Like 1

The tube itself vibrates a lot. The compass is in the middle, far from the rigid ends.  The tighter the hardware the more the compass vibrates. Foam will allow the nuts and bolts to be a little loose compared to being torqued tight against the tube.

PP ideas only not a mechanic.

Best regards,

-a-

They are $13.00 from Aircraft spruce.  Remove the rear screw.  Work the wires through. and work the compass out the front.   Reverse procedure to reinstall.  Only an instrument shop would know how to do this though.