LED intterior light dimmer

http://www.steinair.com/product/led-light-dimmer/
This topic was discussed a short time ago.  Of course this will only work in your RV-6 or CP-328. 

Your post is timely. A well known MSC, not to be named, and a fairly chubby Mooney owner, not to be named, were discussing the replacement of factory incandescent bulbs with an LED strip.

The well known MSC, not to be named, indicated that the factory rheostat will work fine and has done a number of modifications using this LED for that:

3bf312c624574f2090dc72879b6ba81c.jpg

Be curious if anyone has a comment on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have this picture of a Marauder with his honeys in a decked out Mooney with the app controlled plug and glow multi color led strips, taxiing down the runway at Miami international with...

• Like 1

I have this picture of a Marauder with his honeys in a decked out Mooney with the app controlled plug and glow multi color led strips, taxiing down the runway at Miami international with...

Yeah baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got one of those as a freebie in a bag of nulites I bought used.  I showed it to my wife and told her to guess how much they sell for (it's a piece of plastic). Hopefully it works.   Woot.  

Found the one that are USB powered with dimmer built in-line. I think I had it rolled pretty bright here, but roll the dimmer down and they work perfect. This was the only pic I had, but the roll goes all the way across the dash and just sticks to the bottom of glare shield.

-Tom

night 2.jpg

• Like 1

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of LED lighting. If hypothetically it was, it would have been held on by sticky back tape and have a removable plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

^^ that video the red lights are running off the rheostat and the instrument nulites are running off a max dim.  

If the rheo goes I’ll source another max dim.  The one I installed with my IA I got for free with my nulites from a scrap yard.  :-) 

13 hours ago, INA201 said:

Has anyone replaced their glareshield lights and overhead lights with LED bulbs using the old rheostat?  Seems to be the easiest option.  Also, I currently have nu lights, do they ever burn out?  

I tried it a few years ago when those stupid LED bulbs were like $6 a piece. Didn't work because there were at that time only non dimmable LEDs. Also the PWMs weren't readily available like now. I left my original glareshield lights intact with the original rheostat. I installed a dimmable LED strip with a PWM controller that Raptor recommended (not the one he is showing above). It was this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C4UBMY6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is an awesome little unit. Easy to install since it is all housed already.

On 5/7/2017 at 6:31 PM, Rustler said:

Of course, if you really want to do it right : http://www.maxpulsemaxdim.com/

Exactly what I did recently to replace some off-the-shelf lights done in blue that didn't hold up well at all.  The quality on these is great and the price reasonable.  The lowest intensity is just high enough at night to see everything you need to see, but not drown out your night vision capabilities.  I showed the high, medium and low settings as examples.  The max-dim knobs were replaced into the original positions as the previous non-LED knobs.

Low.JPG

Med.JPG

High.JPG

• Like 1