In air meet and greet near OCN

TheTurtle

Took some guys siteseeing today out of SNA and down around Oceanside and then back up around the Queen Mary.  A mooney was circling over ocenside and atc called him out.  I saw him first and called no factor.  He then saw me and seemed to then turn towards me although he was probably 1500 feet higher and a couple miles separation.  I just called "nice Mooney" and got a "likewise" reply.  Passengers gave me a curious look and I explained we are sort of in a club of cheap bastards called mooniacs. 

SO if that was you Hi!.

Its so cool what we get to do.  Flying around checking out the world below.  Perfect day for a flight and my passengers neither of which had ever flown GA had a great time.  One of them was Korean (here for a 2 week vacation) where they dont even have GA at all so he thought it was just awesome that we can hop in a plane and do whatever we want.  And I let him fly for a while and blew his mind.

Sometimes you have to remind yourself that even though this sucks the last penny out of your pocket its pretty frickin awesome.

• Like 8