Texas Spring 2017 Mooney Fly in Dallas Exec May 20

Yetti

1 hour ago, cnoe said:

Don, will you be there next Saturday as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We need to check with everybody. We are still technically on for tomorrow, and a few are committed to come. I'm willing to make another next week if enough want to.

I am pretty sure we could make it next week.  We will be there on four wheels this morning though.

Well it looks like the chance of thunderstorms is down, but so is the ceiling.  Anyone trying to sneak underneath best beware of the Cedar Hill towers.

We had our Fly-in at RBD, which turned into more of a "drive-in". We had only one plane that flew in. But we had a pretty good turn out of 9 people, counting me. We had a good time,

Now we need to find out who would be interested in meeting again this coming weekend, bearing in mind that it is Memorial Day weekend. I would be glad to set up another one, but it doesn't seem like a worth while endeavor if only a couple of people were interested. I understand it is weather dependent, and naturally no one will hold you to it, but if you feel pretty sure you would attend, it the weather cooperates, please let me know.

What do you think about "if 5 or more planes make a semi commitment", we set it up?

• Like 1

Sorry I missed you guys today; but because of the marginal weather it seemed like the right thing to do. Instead Eli and I stayed closer to home making the 48nm flight to Houston Executive to check out the shiny new aeroplanes. Eli really liked the new Acclaim Ultra but even though today is his 5th birthday they wouldn't let him climb inside to get a feel for it.
a9f506887adba679223d92c55c107e7c.jpg

• Like 3

Eli looks pretty happy about having a pilot side door for some reason...?

Use caution, if you let Eli in a long body, there might be a challenge getting him to come back out.

Thanks for sharing the Mooney photo.

Best regards,

-a-

Sandy and I definitely want to be there again, and are up for Saturday.

We enjoyed today very much.  It was a great and gracious host and a great group of people.  Look forward to doing it again except in a Mooney instead of an SUV.

5 hours ago, cnoe said:

Sorry I missed you guys today; but because of the marginal weather it seemed like the right thing to do. Instead Eli and I stayed closer to home making the 48nm flight to Houston Executive to check out the shiny new aeroplanes. Eli really liked the new Acclaim Ultra but even though today is his 5th birthday they wouldn't let him climb inside to get a feel for it.emoji53.png

I don't get it Chuck.  Did they think Eli couldn't pass a third class medical or something?

Great picture and great looking dog.  I hope you, he and the wj

hole family can make it to Redbird next Saturday.

Eli looks pretty happy about having a pilot side door for some reason...?
Use caution, if you let Eli in a long body, there might be a challenge getting him to come back out.
Thanks for sharing the Mooney photo.
Best regards,
-a-

I'm sorry to say that in spite of his fondness for Mooneys Eli was actually looking for something even bigger than a long-body. Trying to keep it affordable he tried on the Piper M350 but even that didn't suit him. Eventually he settled on the Pilatus PC12 which he found quite accommodating and roomy. Sadly his dad cannot afford the fuel, not to mention the airframe.

P.S. I found it interesting that in spite of Mooney earning certification of the new plane, this one (serial no. 0001) is still registered as an "experimental". Understandable though.

• Like 1

I don't get it Chuck.  Did they think Eli couldn't pass a third class medical or something?
Great picture and great looking dog.  I hope you, he and the wj
hole family can make it to Redbird next Saturday.

I do look forward to crossing your and Sandy's path again soon but it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it next weekend. Eli may have to resort to BasicMed if his weight goes up any more.

5 hours ago, N252WD said:

LOL, yes I'm good on the note. 

3.jpg

I have gotten to know Kevin a little bit.  I saw him at Paris last week and he even remembered my name.  He is a really good and gracious guy.  He seems different from the Repo man on tje show.  He has been generous toward our Veterans Memorial also.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cnoe said:

Sorry I missed you guys today; but because of the marginal weather it seemed like the right thing to do. Instead Eli and I stayed closer to home making the 48nm flight to Houston Executive to check out the shiny new aeroplanes. Eli really liked the new Acclaim Ultra but even though today is his 5th birthday they wouldn't let him climb inside to get a feel for it.emoji53.png

Here's a couple of other shots.  It is nice slipping into the left side in the longer door without having to do the Mooney 360 degree across the seats.  Sorry I missed you CNOE.  I would have remembered your beautiful dog.

Russ8DEDC437-D94C-4E0E-A4EE-985AB90AFC3B.thumb.JPG.c8cdf6cde3bdd334cc626ff34769fb0a.JPG

FA5D3AD0-6EFD-4302-BB0D-6D38067EFAFC.JPG

• Like 1

I have had only 2 Mooneys and a Cessna do a semi commitment for the 27th. Unless thing change quickly, it doesn't look like an RBD (Dallas Executive) fly-in is going to happen.

This only applies to a big group event. Anytime one of you wants to come to RBD, give me a call. Since I don't have to work for a living, I am usually available for a lunch with my Mooney friends.

You are a gracious host Don!

Maybe if we bump this to the top a few times it will be noticed.

You might be right about the fact that this is a holiday weekend is getting in the way.

HEY OUT THERE!  Anyone want to join us on Saturday at Redbird?

3 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

You are a gracious host Don!

Maybe if we bump this to the top a few times it will be noticed.

You might be right about the fact that this is a holiday weekend is getting in the way.

HEY OUT THERE!  Anyone want to join us on Saturday at Redbird?

Perhaps starting a new thread might generate more interest? The date on this thread has last Saturday. I should know by Wednesday if my plane will be back up. If it is, I'll swing by, weather permitting.

i will start a new thread in an effort to drum up support.

Even if it doesn't come together, weather permitting, Sandy and I will probably have lunch there on Saturday.  It would be great to see you and Amanda if you are around.  Sounds like Don would join us also.