Texas Spring 2017 Mooney Fly in Dallas Exec May 20

Yetti

Yes, I expect so.  There was a long time DFW meteorologist that balked at the five day forecasts when they started doing them.  He said that you could only be 50% accurate five days out and flipping a coin could accomplish that.

The forecast is sure not looking good, but it is still 4 days away. I'm still hopeful.

Had a call from the FBO this morning. The CAF (now based at RBD) is going to have a couple of WWII planes on display in front of the restaurant Saturday, which will push us down to Ambassador's tie-down area, just south of the terminal/restaurant. But there is plenty of room, and will make it convenient if you want fuel.

Cross your fingers.

• Like 2

The cold I brought back from Europe is refusing to go away.  I went one trip around the patch Monday morning and landed.  I was really groggy.  SO, I not only have to get a weather change, but the cold will have to heal too.  I am still hopeful.

I will be out at RBD Saturday morning. So if only one person manages to sneak in, we will have a two person get-together. That doesn't mean we can't reschedule another one for the following week, however.

Edited by DonMuncy
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

I will be out at RBD Saturday morning. So if only one person manages to sneak in, we will have a two person get-together. That doesn't mean we can't reschedule another one for the following week, however.

I will likely be in the Dallas area this weekend regardless so I'll still show up.

4 minutes ago, LevelWing said:

I will likely be in the Dallas area this weekend regardless so I'll still show up.

I sent you a PM. If anyone else is likely to drive in, let me know.

55 minutes ago, smwash02 said:

Do we have a time set?

I'm fairly certain the party will start when you arrive :P ;):D 

I'm planning to leave the house at about 9:45, drive to Addison and then make the short hop down to RBD.  Probably 10:45ish if everything works out.  It would be quicker to drive, but why would I do something like that?  I haven't flown my plane on a Saturday in almost 2 years!!! (my daughter is 21 months old).

Besides- isn't it a requirement to travel by plane to a fly-in if possible?  Weather may get in the way this time, but if Don repeats his actions from last fly-in at RBD he'll drive past the restaurant, pull his plane out, and "taxi" to lunch...

edit- if weather doesn't cooperate I'm planning to drive down to RBD.

Edited by smccray

I would have no problem with Sunday, but we had previously set the following Saturday for a "rain out" date. With the number of people involved, I don't see it as a really viable option. but I'm willing to listen.