Texas Spring 2017 Mooney Fly in Dallas Exec May 20

Yetti

3 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

May 20th it is, at Dallas Executive (KRBD). Why don't we plan to start showing up at 10:30 or 11:00, and eat about 12. The following Saturday if the weather goes to hell. For the ones who haven't been to RBD in the last few years, the new tower is now on the west side of the field, and the new restaurant is in the terminal building, about midfield on the east side. Unfortunately, the City took over the self serve fuel island, and have not yet got it up and going. I will contact the two fuel suppliers about which of them can fuel out in the transient parking area, and see if they will they cut us a break on the fuel price.

Why don't the ones who anticipate coming, post, so I can kind of give the restaurant a heads-up about how many to plan on.

Count me in.

On my calendar.  I'll submit the application for a hall pass tonight.  Submissions must be made in triplicate and generally require 4-6 weeks for processing, but maybe I'll get lucky and I can get a rush on this one...

• Like 1

That's great Don!  Sandy and I plan on being there weather permitting.

It is very gracious of you to step up and get something started.  Sandy and I started talking about seeing if we can get someone we know who has a warbirds collection at the Mount Pleasant airport to open for a tour for a future get together.  Mount Pleasant has a very new and wonderful airport, even though the runway is only 6,000'.  Maybe we can manage to get our Mooneys into such a short runway.

Bump!

Trying to keep this thread in sight.  Hopefully everyone is able to show up and even more see the event date and location.  This event will be about ten days after we get back from Europe and we are REALLY looking forward to some flying and meeting fellow Mooniacs.

Well Mitch, it MIGHT be a conflict.  After all, we fly Mooneys.  Maybe someone will decide they would rather fly a few hours instead of a few minutes and go to texas instead of California or vice versa.

Just now, MBDiagMan said:

Well Mitch, it MIGHT be a conflict.  After all, we fly Mooneys.  Maybe someone will decide they would rather fly a few hours instead of a few minutes and go to texas instead of California or vice versa.

Good point!  Either way, there will be some fun Mooney flying that day!  Y'all have fun now! :)

7 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

Good point!  Either way, there will be some fun Mooney flying that day!  Y'all have fun now! :)

Same to you west coast guys. If the weather will just cooperate, it looks like we will have a really good turnout.

On 4/30/2017 at 2:03 PM, DonMuncy said:

May 20th it is, at Dallas Executive (KRBD). Why don't we plan to start showing up at 10:30 or 11:00, and eat about 12. The following Saturday if the weather goes to hell. For the ones who haven't been to RBD in the last few years, the new tower is now on the west side of the field, and the new restaurant is in the terminal building, about midfield on the east side. Unfortunately, the City took over the self serve fuel island, and have not yet got it up and going. I will contact the two fuel suppliers about which of them can fuel out in the transient parking area, and see if they will they cut us a break on the fuel price.

Why don't the ones who anticipate coming, post, so I can kind of give the restaurant a heads-up about how many to plan on.

I should be able to make it Don.  Thanks for setting this up.

Thanks. I had started a list (although not as detailed as yours).

I had thought about furnishing name tags, so we could all identify the players with their MS persona, but that is pretty formal. This is supposed to be low-key fun.