Texas Spring 2017 Mooney Fly in Dallas Exec May 20

Yetti

Without looking at calander, I think any Saturday after Mother's Day works for us.

As far as location goes, it should be central Texas, but by that I mean centrally located based on who might attend.  Maybe somewhere like Taylor although I have yet to fly there.  If you get into North Texas there are many possibilities.  Seems like there are members in Dallas, Austin and houston.  Maybe folks who are interested will chime in with date and location suggestions.

I would be glad to host one at RBD if anyone is interested. Coming in from the south, it is easy to get in under Class B if anyone dislikes dealing with ATC. We have a pretty nice restaurant with plenty of space and fairly reasonable prices. We just need to get a little consensus on a date.

I am up for anywhere selected if the date and weather cooperate.  Don has a good suggestion with Redbirds (Dallas Executive.). I have flown over with midfield crossing permission to get to Grand Prairi many times, but haven't landed there in 25 years.  I have heard good things about the restaurant and as Don says, it is easy to get to underneath the Bravo.

1 hour ago, KSMooniac said:

I'd strongly consider coming down from KS... northern location would be preferable but I could perhaps make it further south too.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

If interest extends beyond Texas, maybe Redbirds IS a good choice.

I apologize. Not too long ago, I chided the group about posting only the airport identifier and not the Name or town. And than I turn around and do it myself. I guess subconsciously, I think everyone knows where I am.

I am going to suggest Cameron Texas T35.  It is pretty darn central texas.  There is a 50s style diner that is reopening May 1st. They were closed for a bit.  Before they closed we went twice and it was very tasty.

The diner is about a 1/4 mile walk from the ramp to the Diner.  The only services is self serve fuel.  

Cameron works for me as long as the schedule and weather works for the date elected.

I share Don's disdain for posting only identifiers.  If I post KADS OR KGPM, I expect that Don and others in my area would know exactly where I am talking about.  If OTOH I say Addison or Grand Prairie, Texas, I am not sending people to Foreflght or somewhere to look up where I am talking about.  Like Don, I need to do better at this too.

I don't have time to do what I will suggest, but if we had a poll to determine the locations of those interested in attending, then use that to determine a general central location.  Just an idea from an anal, retired engineer that is accustomed to analyzing data.

MBD, 

Plan it, and they will come...

Trying to make it perfect probably won't work as well...

Start with one location, this month.  

Select another location the following month.

Meeting the needs of 70% this time, and a different 70% next time, is a whole lot better than delaying for another day...

PP thoughts only, 

-a-

Well Don, you said you might want to host one at Dallas Executive.  What if we planned on the Saturday after Mothers Day which I believe is May 20th.  In fact, my birthday is the 19th. And I can't think of a better thing to do for my birthday weekend.

What would be a good time?  Should we call the following weekend the weather out date?  Dallas Executive, KRBD is probably less than 60 Mooney minutes for me.  It is probably not much more than that for the Austin area gang and a few hours from Kansas or Houston.

Any interested Mooniacs?

May 20th it is, at Dallas Executive (KRBD). Why don't we plan to start showing up at 10:30 or 11:00, and eat about 12. The following Saturday if the weather goes to hell. For the ones who haven't been to RBD in the last few years, the new tower is now on the west side of the field, and the new restaurant is in the terminal building, about midfield on the east side. Unfortunately, the City took over the self serve fuel island, and have not yet got it up and going. I will contact the two fuel suppliers about which of them can fuel out in the transient parking area, and see if they will they cut us a break on the fuel price.

Why don't the ones who anticipate coming, post, so I can kind of give the restaurant a heads-up about how many to plan on.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

Well Don, you said you might want to host one at Dallas Executive.  What if we planned on the Saturday after Mothers Day which I believe is May 20th.  In fact, my birthday is the 19th. And I can't think of a better thing to do for my birthday weekend.

What would be a good time?  Should we call the following weekend the weather out date?  Dallas Executive, KRBD is probably less than 60 Mooney minutes for me.  It is probably not much more than that for the Austin area gang and a few hours from Kansas or Houston.

Any interested Mooniacs?

My mother's and one brother's birthdays are also 5/19.