Flightcom Denali D90ANR Headset

Piloto

I bought one when I got my F to upgrade a older Denali set I had from my previous airplane and am happy enough with it that I just ordered two more for the passengers.  The ear seals need to be worked over when you first get it.  They are stiff from the factory and need to be broken in before they seal well to your head.  IMHO the ANR seems to give additional noise canceling on the low end of the advertised range but the phone interface  works well and they sound good with my PS Engineering PM3000 stereo IC.  I noticed one of the online retailers had them on sale right now for about fifty dollars less than I have seen elsewhere.

Because I manufacture custom headsets & helmets, repair other headsets, and have seen the inside of - and fixed nearly every aviation headset out there for pilots, fire departments, police agencies and the like. It is my nice version of an educated opinion without all the gory details. :) 

Edited by "Chocks"

5 hours ago, TonyK said:

I bought one when I got my F to upgrade a older Denali set I had from my previous airplane and am happy enough with it that I just ordered two more for the passengers.  The ear seals need to be worked over when you first get it.  They are stiff from the factory and need to be broken in before they seal well to your head.  IMHO the ANR seems to give additional noise canceling on the low end of the advertised range but the phone interface  works well and they sound good with my PS Engineering PM3000 stereo IC.  I noticed one of the online retailers had them on sale right now for about fifty dollars less than I have seen elsewhere.

I noticed the same with the ear seals at first. I have a big head and had to adjust it for big heads. Once adjusted it seals pretty well. One thing I like is that they are no clumsy like others. Easy to put on and comfortable, you can forget you are wearing them when exiting the plane. Thanks for the info.

José

Flight tested my Denali 90anr today. Pretty much same experience as TonyK. After 10 minutes the ear seals settle down providing good sealing. As Tony mention most of the ANR noise reduction is at the low frequency end which is were the engine is. Compared to my ANR Telex the D90ANR is better in all aspects. On approach to KFXE I could not hear the landing gear motor with the throttle back. This scared me and though something wrong with the gear. This the first time I could not hear the gear. Next time will disable the ANR function on final. Most comfortable headset I have ever used.

José

Edited by Piloto

9 hours ago, Piloto said:

Flight tested my Denali 90anr today. Pretty much same experience as TonyK. After 10 minutes the ear seals settle down providing good sealing. As Tony mention most of the ANR noise reduction is at the low frequency end which is were the engine is. Compared to my ANR Telex the D90ANR is better in all aspects. On approach to KFXE I could not hear the landing gear motor with the throttle back. This scared me and though something wrong with the gear. This the first time I could not hear the gear. Next time will disable the ANR function on final. Most comfortable headset I have ever used.

José

How is it compared to Bose X or a20?

1 hour ago, Browncbr1 said:

How is it compared to Bose X or a20?

I have not tried the Bose on Mooneys but on the B58. For a fair comparison they need to be tested on the same plane. But for the price the D90ANR is pretty good.

José